ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do management want to get rid of me?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Eckertomi
Posts: 4
Joined: 28 May 2017, 04:18
Gender: Male

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by Eckertomi »

Hello, i try to explain the situation short. I used to work in Oxfordshire and moved to Essex 2 yrs ago (moved offices). At my first place I aint got any problem I liked it. Now I work a small office approx 20 duties, i got my own rural round. I feel the management doesnt like me but I dont know why.

I am a type of person who go in do the job go home. I never complain about workload or anything as my round is not so big. I do SA so work 6 days weekly. I am 6 years in this work.

But the two managers treat me like a s**t. It is quiet strange I am the only one non english in the whole office (Im EU citizen) so i feel it comes from this side. For example they never say to hello to me in the morning, but they go to everyone else to ask how are you... always picking on me as I am the first one who get told to go to sirting at 7.45 as we have to start that time. When they say something to me I can see the hate in their face. During this christmas every duty got parcel help except me (yes rurals too) they said there is not enough people to cover my parcels but the parcel people shoot off 1 hour earlier than finishing time do i feel it unfair. I never get any help even if i need any. Sort it out yourself is usually the answer and they dont care.

I do not have problem with this office like lapsing wise during the year as the workmates are correct everyone takes their bit etc... It would be a great place if these two mgrs dont make my days crap.

Today I was happy as I got an easier day and I went back before 20 mins of finishing time. I am really tired now as my last holiday was back in september so working everyday from then. Town people has already gone home. Rurals are usually take their van home so dont come back to the office they go straight home. But I was asked to do some more parcels to help to the parcel people. Well I asked them why they let people go home as I saw 3 of them on the route to back to the office. Answer: They cant drive. I thought driving licence is a requirement for the job so how they cant drive. There were couple of vans back on the yard. Anyway there were no parcels left luckily but they didnt know... but again they picked me.

Anyway i feel they hate me but I didnt do anything why they should. This situation makes me depressed every day. I really like the job my work mates, the people on my round they like me just these to managers make my life terrible.

Any advice? Should i involve cwu rep?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by k979aaa »

If in CWU should help the thing is with this election they think they can enthicly cleanse the UK and some managers in every company think the law of the land has changed it has not YET.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by aiden01 »

k979aaa wrote:If in CWU should help the thing is with this election they think they can enthicly cleanse the UK and some managers in every company think the law of the land has changed it has not YET.
Wtf has an election got to do with it ffs...if in union get your rep are maybe beter your div rep involved think you are being treated very harshly.
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by blacov »

Eckertomi wrote:Hello, i try to explain the situation short. I used to work in Oxfordshire and moved to Essex 2 yrs ago (moved offices). At my first place I aint got any problem I liked it. Now I work a small office approx 20 duties, i got my own rural round. I feel the management doesnt like me but I dont know why.

I am a type of person who go in do the job go home. I never complain about workload or anything as my round is not so big. I do SA so work 6 days weekly. I am 6 years in this work.

But the two managers treat me like a s**t. It is quiet strange I am the only one non english in the whole office (Im EU citizen) so i feel it comes from this side. For example they never say to hello to me in the morning, but they go to everyone else to ask how are you... always picking on me as I am the first one who get told to go to sirting at 7.45 as we have to start that time. When they say something to me I can see the hate in their face. During this christmas every duty got parcel help except me (yes rurals too) they said there is not enough people to cover my parcels but the parcel people shoot off 1 hour earlier than finishing time do i feel it unfair. I never get any help even if i need any. Sort it out yourself is usually the answer and they dont care.

I do not have problem with this office like lapsing wise during the year as the workmates are correct everyone takes their bit etc... It would be a great place if these two mgrs dont make my days crap.


Today I was happy as I got an easier day and I went back before 20 mins of finishing time. I am really tired now as my last holiday was back in september so working everyday from then. Town people has already gone home. Rurals are usually take their van home so dont come back to the office they go straight home. But I was asked to do some more parcels to help to the parcel people. Well I asked them why they let people go home as I saw 3 of them on the route to back to the office. Answer: They cant drive. I thought driving licence is a requirement for the job so how they cant drive. There were couple of vans back on the yard. Anyway there were no parcels left luckily but they didnt know... but again they picked me.

Anyway i feel they hate me but I didnt do anything why they should. This situation makes me depressed every day. I really like the job my work mates, the people on my round they like me just these to managers make my life terrible.

Any advice? Should i involve cwu rep?

Let me tell you something. I know very well how you are feeling. These managers are not necessarily bullies, this is called favouritism. They obviously have their preferred posties and they can get away with a lot of things and will always be treated nicely, small chit chats, some banter while for other guys it is strictly order- execution type of communication. I am sure after all this time in the office you have some nice fellow postmen so try to focus on the good people. Just take managers orders and do what you can, if you can't complete ring them and explain why. Make sure you have CWU backing too. There is nothing they can really do about you finishing on time.

Good luck from fellow eu postie.
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by Seymour Buts »

I suspect you're being picked on because you're seen as a soft touch rather than your nationality. The ones who get the most help in our office are the ones who kick off the most, people like you who just get on with it lose out. It doesn't sound like they're trying to get rid of you to be honest. Work your hours; next time they ask you to go back out explain you've only got 20 minutes so will not have time to go back out but will stop to put d2ds in ect. Next time you're busy make a point of leaving stuff, say you have a dentist appointment at half two or whatever your time is or you have to pick your wife/child up or whatever so you need to be done on time. Take your breaks too. Once they know you won't be pushed around, they'll stop trying.
Jeppol
Posts: 50
Joined: 06 Sep 2011, 15:20
Gender: Male

Do management want to get rid of me?

Post by Jeppol »

Just treat them like they treat you, if they can't be pleasant & civilized to you, you be like that with them, they're no better than you.