ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
On light duties, do I have to work late Saturdays and Xmas eve?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
On light duties, do I have to work late Saturdays and Xmas eve?
I recently moved to a new office and this week ive been injured with Tibial Stress syndrome which is like Shin splints so no walking duty for me for at least 2 weeks. Ive been asked to do packets on a split shift system, 3 hrs on a morning and 3 hrs on an afternoon which im fine with but I dont want to be working til 6pm this saturday or worse so on xmas eve on LAT,'s. Do I have a choice in the matter or can I refuse to work late these two days? I have plans in place on both evenings especially xmas eve when I would like to finish on my usual time?
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
On light duties, do I have to work late Saturdays and Xmas eve?
i guess you can always request not to work those shifts, but in the end the DOM can put you on this shift if its required.
-
picture123
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
- Gender: Male
On light duties, do I have to work late Saturdays and Xmas eve?
As far as I know the business is accommodating you by providing light duties, therefore it's reasonable they get you to work hours that suit them. I doubt they'd have late packet duties on Saturday or Xmas eve. Speak to your manager though
-
compostcorner
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 31 May 2011, 15:14
- Gender: Male
On light duties, do I have to work late Saturdays and Xmas eve?
i was on light duties last christmas due to an injury, i found it so boring and tedious, even when all the jobs i had to do were done i had to hang around and do nothing, the delivery postman had all finished and gone home but i was still there twiddling my thumbs, the boss explained that if the callers office got busy i would have to help out in there, and there was also the possibility of a lorry of mail turning up which i could make a start on the sorting off. so yes, you have to stay right up to your finishing time and no knocking off early.