ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kingofdonair
Posts: 7
Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 23:26
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by kingofdonair »

Any ideas why Yodel etc don't just post their P739 equivalents? Round my way they are always jammed in door frames, hanging out of letter boxes only to end up blown away... I don't get it.
Busterbear
Posts: 76
Joined: 23 Oct 2013, 13:22
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Busterbear »

Yes I’ve noticed that myself . Perhaps the letter box is a far to complicated mechanism for these guys :hmmmm
blacov
Posts: 397
Joined: 12 May 2019, 21:40
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by blacov »

I have seen plenty too. I was always wondering why this keeps happening. Maybe they know that posting single docket is a bit of a pain and cant be bothered.
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Acca Dacca »

Probably because they are not as familiar as we are as to where the dogs are behind the letterboxes - and their cards are flimsier
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by wallop »

I once saw a hermes one on top of a packet in a porch, written on it "packet in porch".
thecompletepackage
Posts: 79
Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by thecompletepackage »

They take a photo of the card sticking out of the door frame as proof of delivery.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by rambo1 »

wallop wrote:I once saw a hermes one on top of a packet in a porch, written on it "packet in porch".
Priceless lol. At least there was a note. They need the magical tool that is..........wait for it..........the post it peg.
MOGGY346
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Sep 2018, 21:57
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by MOGGY346 »

With Hermes they have to scan a barcoded card whether they leave parcel in porch or do not deliver it.
They can’t just porch it like we do and just press submit,they also have to take a photo even when they post it through the letterbox.
I was once told they leave the card hanging out in case they go by the house again and it’s gone they can try again.
They only get paid when they deliver the parcel not if they don’t.
Grumpyoldmailman
Posts: 810
Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Grumpyoldmailman »

Their cards alway blow away after I have used the letter box.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Dorset Plodder »

MOGGY346 wrote:With Hermes they have to scan a barcoded card whether they leave parcel in porch or do not deliver it.
They can’t just porch it like we do and just press submit,they also have to take a photo even when they post it through the letterbox.
I was once told they leave the card hanging out in case they go by the house again and it’s gone they can try again.
They only get paid when they deliver the parcel not if they don’t.
I use this Trick if I plan on delivering a parcel to their Neighbour (who is Normally in). :pray I'll write "Parcel with neighbour at No 10" and then I don't have to return to the original address IF they take the parcel. If there's no answer at No10 :arrrghhh I just return to the original address and remove my Note and 739 them. :thumbup

Saves me valuable Seconds when I'm Running Around in my Nike Trainers trying to Carve up the Duty so I can be first back to the Office. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
MOGGY346
Posts: 8
Joined: 08 Sep 2018, 21:57
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by MOGGY346 »

Why don’t you ditch the trainers,just in case you have tie the laces up!
More seconds saved ! :crazy:
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Dorset Plodder »

MOGGY346 wrote:Why don’t you ditch the trainers,just in case you have tie the laces up!
More seconds saved ! :crazy:
Ha Ha ..... It's alright Moggy :thumbup I've got some REALLY Expensive ones (that I buy with my own money, because RM's aren't cool enough) ;liar they've got Velcro .... AND I wear some of those trainer socks to save on the weight! :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Yodel, DPD P739's rarely put through letter box

Post by Celgar »

I had noticed the competitors usually leave their dockets tucked into door frame cracks or otherwise visible but hadn't put much thought into why they do it. As far as I know the likes of Hermes staff only get paid per parcel delivered & if they are not delivered first time they don't get paid a penny.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.