what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15
, no answer from receiver, p739
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15
-
richietns
- Posts: 1101
- Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 18:09
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
Depends if it was a Saturday guarantee or just a standard special?If its just a standard don't worry you can deliver after one o'clock.If its the other depends if operations pick it up I think most of them or off on sat.Either way you'll just be told not to do it again if its your first time.
-
naseemhamid
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 11 Sep 2019, 21:58
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
he should of phoned your manager if you werent going to make it in timegimba wrote:first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15, no answer from receiver, p739
-
gimba
- Posts: 192
- Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
I was at the depot when i see it, so yeah, told manager and went back out to deliver itnaseemhamid wrote:he should of phoned your manager if you werent going to make it in timegimba wrote:first time I've done this, joined this year
what to expect Monday? delivered it at 2:15, no answer from receiver, p739
also, wasn't a saturday special
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
As far as i know , if you are given a 1pm special on a Saturday - it will be scanned as out for delivery before you get it and it must be delivered by 1pm.
Foreign specials , without any time stated, I deliver before and after 1pm without any comebacks.
Foreign specials , without any time stated, I deliver before and after 1pm without any comebacks.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
For non-foreign specials the system doesn't record whether it's a Saturday Guaranteed or not so it'll just flag up any non-foreign special attempted after 13:00 on a Saturday as a failure.
With the foreign specials I can understand the customs charge ones and the high value ones going through the system as an SD but why do the low value (non customs charge) ones have to go through as SDs - why can't they go through the system as Tracked?
With the foreign specials I can understand the customs charge ones and the high value ones going through the system as an SD but why do the low value (non customs charge) ones have to go through as SDs - why can't they go through the system as Tracked?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
It will be flagged up as a failure.
That is a failure of the system, not you.
Only SG's have to be done by 1 on a Saturday.
That is a failure of the system, not you.
Only SG's have to be done by 1 on a Saturday.
-
sean38
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 15:42
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
1 oclock specials are only a m-f service so are not time sensitive on saturdays,only SG are time sensitive on saturdy.NewPostieUK wrote:It will be flagged up as a failure.
That is a failure of the system, not you.
Only SG's have to be done by 1 on a Saturday.
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
It will flag up but it seems to be a good few days before they get on your case about it. You messed up and told the lino, don’t make a habit of it and move on.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
I did one a day late told dom and was expecting to get my bollox nailed to the bike shed door all he said was s**t happens 
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
What does a late delivery of a Special really mean for Royal Mail?
A lot of the time people aren't in to receive them pre 1pm so I doubt many people complain. If they do, what happens, the sender gets an £8 refund?
I'd guess a lot of people don't even care about the by 1pm timeframe, as long as they get it that day. The 1pm timeframe is set by Royal Mail, not the customer. I'm sure if it was instead a 'by 4pm' service it would still be used the same amount.
Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?
A lot of the time people aren't in to receive them pre 1pm so I doubt many people complain. If they do, what happens, the sender gets an £8 refund?
I'd guess a lot of people don't even care about the by 1pm timeframe, as long as they get it that day. The 1pm timeframe is set by Royal Mail, not the customer. I'm sure if it was instead a 'by 4pm' service it would still be used the same amount.
Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
There'd be a few types of firm that use it for the 1pm timeframe like solicitors, etc. I bet if RM analysed the no answer rate for the 9am specials, they'd find it in the 80-90% range.norris9 wrote:What does a late delivery of a Special really mean for Royal Mail?
A lot of the time people aren't in to receive them pre 1pm so I doubt many people complain. If they do, what happens, the sender gets an £8 refund?
I'd guess a lot of people don't even care about the by 1pm timeframe, as long as they get it that day. The 1pm timeframe is set by Royal Mail, not the customer. I'm sure if it was instead a 'by 4pm' service it would still be used the same amount.
Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?
If Tracked was more widely available then I reckon you'd see a big drop in the number of SDs sent. There's probably a good few people who only use SDs because they don't have the use of Tracked available to them
-
Grumpyoldmailman
- Posts: 810
- Joined: 24 Nov 2019, 22:29
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
No nothing within the company is that bad or serious in the grand scheme of things, it’s only pedalled to us that it is because of the culture of the fear and intimidation style of management.norris9 wrote:Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?
-
Bboingg
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 21 Jun 2017, 20:35
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
I had a look at the Royal Mail website Special Deliveries page which seems open to interpretation - probably because a SD posted on Friday is , generally , going to be delivered on Saturday anyway without the SG premium payment. (Parts of the UK excepted) So bad luck if you did want a Monday SD delivery and did not write that on the envelope.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
tried to deliver 1pm special an hour late
You're quite right Grumpy. DOMs can get VERY Stressed about it but I think it only effects "Their" Bonus, or Brownie Points.Grumpyoldmailman wrote:No nothing within the company is that bad or serious in the grand scheme of things, it’s only pedalled to us that it is because of the culture of the fear and intimidation style of management.norris9 wrote:Yes, you want to provide a good, reliable service, but is a late Special that bad?
After he'd admitted that I'm not likely to get any Cash Incentive I did tell him, "We ALL make Mistakes.... We don't mean to But they Happen .... We're only Human"
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)