Pumpkins are becoming a hazard on delivery they are slippy and and as they break down they get worse sometimes all over the doorstep .
People used to maybe have one or two but on some addresses there are up to 20, seriously .I think the public need to be educated .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pumpkins
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Pumpkins
On my first day at RM I went out with a CWU rep and was told never to put yourself at risk trying to deliver mail.goldy wrote:That's a perfectly rational dynamic
Risk assessment make sure you take a photo
I've fetched mail back when I had to climb over a dodgy garden to get to the letterbox because the f***ing massive truck took up all the driveway and was parked about five inches away from the door. I did it once, never again, the post went back. Once the van was moved and the front garden tidied I was happy to deliver.
I've fetched mail back for a house that had about twenty piles of dog s**t all over the path. A manager went out for a word the next day. It was moved. f**k that s**t, I'm not climbing over dog s**t to deliver letters to skanks. The manager told me I did the right thing.
Just two examples. There are many more.