ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paulwbc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Post by paulwbc »

I had my 20 year service award at the start of august this year. I started in 02/08/1999.
Since joining royal mail I have opted for 30 days holiday a year.
I happened to notice in my payslip this week that I am still paying £7.30 a week deduction for it.
When are they supposed to stop taking this payment off me?
Last edited by POSTMAN on 07 Nov 2019, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Post by hero22 »

it renews itself in April I believe mate according to our dom. Maybe it will stop charging you then. If you think there is a mistake phone human resources, I had an issue with my poal and they sorted quick enough.
paulwbc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Post by paulwbc »

just seems strange. My 20 years was up in 02/08/2019.
But I still have to pay 7.30 a month untill the following april?
Thats another 7 months of paying for extra holidays. Around £52
Can Anyone else confirm that whatever month you started with RM you continue paying until the following April?
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Post by GRS »

I believe that as your 20 years service fell during the current holiday you don’t get the full 6 weeks until the following years leave starts. Hence if you purchased leave for the current year (March 2019 - March 2020) you will need to complete payment for that which runs until the end of this years leave.
paulwbc
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 33
Joined: 16 Oct 2007, 20:38

Purchase Of Annual Leave (POAL)

Post by paulwbc »

ok. Thank you for your replies. :Very Happy