Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sickness procedure
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
POP O is obviously a manager ignore his remarks. All you have to do is to phone in before your shift starts , just tell them your to sick to work. You don't have to phone in every day , just keep them informed about your sickness. They won't come to your house that's almost unheard of. Don't let them bully you , any problems call your union rep. If your not in the union now would be a good time to join.
-
rogersh
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1374
- Joined: 26 Oct 2011, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
This link gives the procedure National Attendance Agreement between Royal Mail Group and CWU (note it also contains National Attendance Agreement between Royal Mail Group and Unite-CMA)Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=52975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also; https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/mrm/Att ... ummary.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by rogersh on 29 Dec 2019, 21:34, edited 2 times in total.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
Pop0 wrote:Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Ever wondered if Rico Back ever pulled a sickie from time to time?? I can just imagine what his excuse would be...sorry I can't come into work tomorrow, the flight from Zurich has been delayed...
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
How can he pull a Sickie? He don't even go to workpostslippete wrote:Pop0 wrote:Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
Ever wondered if Rico Back ever pulled a sickie from time to time?? I can just imagine what his excuse would be...sorry I can't come into work tomorrow, the flight from Zurich has been delayed...
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
And how did that answer the OP’s post?Pop0 wrote:Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Sickness procedure
joewyan wrote:And how did that answer the OP’s post?Pop0 wrote:Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
I suspect its a placeholder for a spammer so I have my eye on them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rockmanrock
- Posts: 69
- Joined: 19 Oct 2007, 19:05
Sickness procedure
What is your point here I ponder ? Quoting US figures means what ? Any consideration to the cause of sickness ? Bizarre post.Pop0 wrote:Employee absenteeism is a significant problem for most organizations. In 2017 the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) estimated that almost 3 percent of an employer's workforce was absent on any given day. The high price of absenteeism affects organizations even more when lost productivity, morale and temporary labor costs are considered.Pancake123 wrote:Good evening everyone
I wanna ask about sickness procedure,how does it work?
Do I call any of managers or is there a special sickness absence line in every office?Do I have to contact them daily? Is it true that managers can come to my house to check my state of health?Is this allowed ?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Sickness procedure
It WAS a spammer, deleted.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.