ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Rotational week off in december
-
Lawrencepa2014
- Posts: 98
- Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off in december
Will I still get it? It’s my first year and I’m hoping to go somewhere Saturday-Sunday on the 14th December. I’m happy to do overtime the rest of the week but I’m wondering if they’ll expect me to come in for my whole rotational week off?
-
Tinoblade
- Posts: 252
- Joined: 13 Jan 2018, 19:51
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off in december
Yeah you get your rota week. Don't need to do anything extra to get it. Enjoy the week off, it's a tough time as it isLawrencepa2014 wrote:Will I still get it? It’s my first year and I’m hoping to go somewhere Saturday-Sunday on the 14th December. I’m happy to do overtime the rest of the week but I’m wondering if they’ll expect me to come in for my whole rotational week off?
-
Yamr1
- Posts: 625
- Joined: 04 Feb 2018, 11:26
- Gender: Female
Rotational week off in december
Are you a reserve
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off in december
They cannot force you to work on a rotational week off(Wallington week), if it falls in December you take it. Unless voluntarily work it as o.t.
-
oscar81
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 16 Nov 2017, 06:03
- Gender: Male
Rotational week off in december
Hi all please help I work 30 hours a week for 6 days x 5 weeks and them 1 week off ? What is my start and finish time ? On the sign in sheet state from 9 am to 2pm whrn I ask the manager he says from 8 am to 2PM? I work with weird union in my area stand next to the manager all the time .
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Rotational week off in december
Well 9am to 2 pm is 5 hours and 8 to 2pm is 6 hours.oscar81 wrote:Hi all please help I work 30 hours a week for 6 days x 5 weeks and them 1 week off ? What is my start and finish time ? On the sign in sheet state from 9 am to 2pm whrn I ask the manager he says from 8 am to 2PM? I work with weird union in my area stand next to the manager all the time .
To get the 6th week off you work extra hours on your working week to make up for it. In other words, your contract is 30 hours but to get the week off you work 36 hours in a week not the 30 on your contract.
In this case, the manager, and rep are both correct.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.