ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Booking Overtime
-
Kirstymoo
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 14 Feb 2019, 12:44
- Gender: Female
Booking Overtime
Hi I'm on an 18 hour contract over 3 days,but recently more than not I've been doing 4 days but just been told I cant book overtime till I've completed my 18 hrs that week even though over the three days I might have only done 14 hrs,so they have me going into work an extra day for the pleasure basically,I'm paying fuel to get to work to make up my hours and probably only ending up with 2 hrs overtime,so it's not worth me doing an extra day,is that right.I thought as I'm doing the extra day as overtime I should book the full hours for that day regardless of what I've worked over my 3 days.
-
Chupacabra74
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
It’s their job to give you 18 hours work over 3 days. You book the 4th day as all ot. They are taking the piss....
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
Booking Overtime
Correct, your 18 hours is over 3 days as stated in your contract. If you come in a 4th, 5th or 6th day its all overtime.
Is the 18 hours over 3 days 6hr per day? If it is then if you end up doing 7hr one day, the 7th hour probably should be one hour overtime as well. You should have a start and finish time and going past the finish time should be claimed as overtime.
Is the 18 hours over 3 days 6hr per day? If it is then if you end up doing 7hr one day, the 7th hour probably should be one hour overtime as well. You should have a start and finish time and going past the finish time should be claimed as overtime.
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 298
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
that's criminal.
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
Tell the union the situation then secondly ask your dom if his best mate is called rico
-
Kirstymoo
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 14 Feb 2019, 12:44
- Gender: Female
Booking Overtime
Thankyou didnt think it was right but needed to check before I tackled the situation.
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
Honestly, if we didn't know better, we'd think this was made up sh*t that couldn't happen in this day and age.
But we do know better, and this is another example of the crap posties have to deal with everyday.
But we do know better, and this is another example of the crap posties have to deal with everyday.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
Drag your feet and do 2 x 9hr days then don’t go in on the 3rd day. If they want to play silly games.
-
Tomolo208
- Posts: 102
- Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 07:43
- Gender: Male
Booking Overtime
Spot on, they can't have it both ways. Abuse of part timers is unacceptablenumber one wrote:Drag your feet and do 2 x 9hr days then don’t go in on the 3rd day. If they want to play silly games.