I've done late opening Wednesdays in various rotas, which is paid at Weekday SA, for several years now. I also do Sundays too, in a 1 in 5 rota.
How am I meant to receive my payment for the above SA agreements, is it a bi-annual payment, or is a portion in each week when I'm on annual leave?
And most importantly, who do I speak to about getting paid this? My Dom Support has no idea, line manager agrees I am entitled to it but also doesn't know how I go about it.
I asked the union and was just sent a copy of the SA agreement, none of which has any information on how to go about getting it all set up properly.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do I go about getting paid Weekday SA and Sunday SA whilst on A/L
-
Bren24
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 15 Mar 2011, 22:37
- Gender: Male
-
plaguelift
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 19 Apr 2011, 06:16
- Gender: Male
How do I go about getting paid Weekday SA and Sunday SA whilst on A/L
Your line manager should know how to do this. If you’ve been doing SA for years and not getting paid while on holidays you should be entitled to back pay as well (although they might limit this to 2 years, not 100% sure).
-
Route1
- Posts: 369
- Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
- Gender: Female
How do I go about getting paid Weekday SA and Sunday SA whilst on A/L
I've done late opening Wednesdays in various rotas, which is paid at Weekday SA, for several years now.
Is it set like the Sunday 1 in 5 rota or does it vary? Cant say unless we know specifics. Sunday one is easier as you do 1 in 5 so you should get 1/5 of the sunday shift when taking a full weeks annual leave.
I also do Sundays too, in a 1 in 5 rota.
If its SA, then since u do a 1 in 5 Sunday & assuming the Sunday shift is 5hr SA, you should be getting 1hr SA when you take a full week off. Essentially 1/5 of the Sunday shift.
If its o/t then you get nothing but can make a claim for Average Holiday Pay through ACAS.
If you do 1 in 5 Sundays and its not SA, then it should really be part of your contract in my opinion
Is it set like the Sunday 1 in 5 rota or does it vary? Cant say unless we know specifics. Sunday one is easier as you do 1 in 5 so you should get 1/5 of the sunday shift when taking a full weeks annual leave.
I also do Sundays too, in a 1 in 5 rota.
If its SA, then since u do a 1 in 5 Sunday & assuming the Sunday shift is 5hr SA, you should be getting 1hr SA when you take a full week off. Essentially 1/5 of the Sunday shift.
If its o/t then you get nothing but can make a claim for Average Holiday Pay through ACAS.
If you do 1 in 5 Sundays and its not SA, then it should really be part of your contract in my opinion
-
barrowc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
- Gender: Male
How do I go about getting paid Weekday SA and Sunday SA whilst on A/L
Whoever puts through your overtime on PSP should pay the Holiday SA. It's just a different option in the dropdown for what type of overtime is being paid