ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
elteleltel
Posts: 120
Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
Gender: Male
Location: Hertfordshire

Courier

Post by elteleltel »

Don't laugh but I used to like to read the Letters page , has it been stopped ?
RedRich
Posts: 76
Joined: 03 Jun 2007, 10:07

Courier

Post by RedRich »

Think you can read it in Viz now.
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by south London postie »

Dear Courier,

Part of my walk is a close of nice bungalows. Some of the residents can see where I park my trolley before looping around the close. There is a middle-aged woman on my walk who I think can see me coming, anyway she is always at the front door when I get there. I think she might be one of those naturalists becasue she wears lacy knickers and nothing up top. She'll catch her death one day from forgetting to put on a top before coming to the door. I can tell she's cold from ... well, never mind.

Should I explain to her the importance of dressing appropriately for the weather, or should I leave it to her husband who, she tells me, comes home from work at 6:15pm?

Yours Sincerely
oypostie
Posts: 917
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Courier

Post by oypostie »

They don't have Moya's team to write them for them any more :nana :nana
postslippete
Posts: 4198
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by postslippete »

Yeah, I quite enjoy the patronising replies you would get from managers with various different titles. RM even have a manager for relaying the weather forecast!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Courier

Post by fb1969 »

Best I read was a postie asking for better quality bands as they kept snapping. The answer was to use big bands for big bundles, and smaller bands for small bundles!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Courier

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Stay in the shade,That was a good one. :hmmmm
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Courier

Post by k979aaa »

oypostie wrote:They don't have Moya's team to write them for them any more :nana :nana
I did try asking about the four pillars in German to them all I got was a wolf in sheep's clothing!
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

Courier

Post by Brandy »

30+YEARMAN wrote:Stay in the shade,That was a good one. :hmmmm
Yes I can remember that one,oh dear oh dear who comes up with these ideas? I suppose its someone who is paid a fortune :shhhhh