ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Managers prepping rounds
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
At our office mangers are coming in early and whizzing around the office putting in mech on some of the rounds. Even the rounds that people have been scheduled in to double prep. Then part timers are coming in late to complete the mess they’ve been left with. Then getting out late so they are having to book over. It’s just chaos management all the time.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Did you know managers aren't allowed to do posties work? (Outside of exceptional circumstances ie not every day) get onto your rep or area rep about this, theyll have a field day.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
I keep pointing it out to our unit rep. He just kinda shrugs shoulders and says he knows. I think I might email area rep. It’s not on. Thanks.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Fairly common practice for DOMs to prep walks that are being lapsed. There usually isn't duty time left to deliver absorption so if they left the prep to us as well they would never get delivered.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Just one of many agreements broken by rm.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Contact justsayit and your branch.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Managers prepping rounds
And the rep has an industrial relations agreement to progress disagreements through.Jpro747 wrote:Just one of many agreements broken by rm.
Yet .....
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Our DOM is the best paid tray clearer in the business.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
I think mine would give him a run for his money. You put a empty try down and it will he gone within a minutederistrong wrote:Our DOM is the best paid tray clearer in the business.
-
Marshamp11
- Posts: 437
- Joined: 06 Aug 2018, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
I have trained our DOM to take yorkies outside. I noticed that whenever I put one to the side in preperation of taking it out, he would come along and take it out after a couple of minutes so now I deliberately delay taking them out. Must remember to teach him to roll over next.CPTNemoUK wrote:I think mine would give him a run for his money. You put a empty try down and it will he gone within a minutederistrong wrote:Our DOM is the best paid tray clearer in the business.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Don't see our managers prepping anymore,they do seem to have resigned themselves to take out bits of deliveries from time to time though.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Biker Mouse
- Posts: 543
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
I hate this! A massive bugbear of mine! I walk up to them and just stare at them with my hands in my pocket and await the question “what’s up?”. Then I tell them 
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Managers prepping rounds
Great to see them putting all their man management skills to maximum benefit to continue to boost moral in a no doubt broken and beaten office,much like ours,at ours he’s busy scanning tracked with the dos,and getting him to get d2d thrown in to get us out on time,a sad state of affairs I have to say,he must hate us sitting in the rest room until bang on our start time!Marshamp11 wrote:I have trained our DOM to take yorkies outside. I noticed that whenever I put one to the side in preperation of taking it out, he would come along and take it out after a couple of minutes so now I deliberately delay taking them out. Must remember to teach him to roll over next.CPTNemoUK wrote:I think mine would give him a run for his money. You put a empty try down and it will he gone within a minutederistrong wrote:Our DOM is the best paid tray clearer in the business.
-
Navalron
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1044
- Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
- Gender: Male
- Location: Glasgow
Managers prepping rounds
They have been doing this and more for years. The union really need a boot up the arse. It seems as everything is going to hell. When I posted what was going to be happening with parcel force a few months ago and other things that are coming down the line I got a few, non believers as if I made it up. Like I've said one of my family is a senior manager and they are getting out also. Rico was brought in to break up RM and the union. Get your act together. They are walking all over you'd and so are the union hierarchy.