ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cloudwatcher
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by Cloudwatcher »

I'm fairly new (been in the job 7-8 weeks) and got handed this by my manager today saying hand it back in within 2 weeks. Its basically a form asking what weeks off I want for 2020 - 2021. I have no idea what my holiday plans are for the next year and a half.

Is this normal practise at other depots? Can I change my mind in a few months? Nearer the time?

Also for next year I would like to buy extra leave to take it up until 6 weeks so do I put 6 weeks down on this form or wait till I have it approved?

Any advice useful. Cheers.
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by world class male »

yes, picking around this time of year is normal
i'd expect you to pick 2wks in summer 2 in winter, then any poal selected after everyone has picked their 1st 4 wks, this is when they'll know what further weeks are available
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by smok3y666 »

Yes it's normal practice. You can try and change it closer to but good luck. Now you've started you have to run your life around Royal Mail. Enjoy.
Route1
Posts: 369
Joined: 05 Jun 2015, 00:48
Gender: Female

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by Route1 »

Still waiting for results of winter 2019 - 2020 to announced before we can go into summer 2020. But yes the summer 2020 forms need to be done soon.
Cloudwatcher
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by Cloudwatcher »

OK thanks everyone. I will fill in my preferences and see how it goes.
Cloudwatcher
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 11:05
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by Cloudwatcher »

If I book a week containing a bank holiday does that mean I use up 4 or 5 days annual leave?

My contract is working 5 days per week. Cheers
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Preference Form Annual Leave 2020-2021

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Cloudwatcher wrote:OK thanks everyone. I will fill in my preferences and see how it goes.
You use up 5 but the Bank Holiday gets credited back.

The Xmas week is blocked off as Xmas pressure, does that cover the whole week or just upto Xmas day?