I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.
Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?
Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Gloves.......
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Gloves.......
https://www.polimil.co.uk/clothing/clot ... beige.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I use these if you can get a pair as they seem not be on the sealskin site any more
I use these if you can get a pair as they seem not be on the sealskin site any more
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
Thanks for the link, they look quite good.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
Have a look at motorcycle gloves as they are thicker for winter and remove which ever fingers are necessary. i also suffer.
-
meercat
- Posts: 814
- Joined: 21 Apr 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
A few tips which might help - wear a hat as it will keep you warmer all over, put petroleum jelly on your hands to keep them warm, if you cut just the tips off gloves you will have less skin uncovered, two pairs of gloves for very wet days is a good idea and change over to the dry ones after they get waterlogged.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.
Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?
Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?
Thanks
Man up and wear no gloves.
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
I'd love not to wear gloves, unfortunately due to a medical condition I need to, sometimes even in summer.Trail wrote:You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.
Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?
Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?
Thanks
Man up and wear no gloves.
Thanks for the helpful reply though ;)
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.Trail wrote:You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.
Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?
Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?
Thanks
Man up and wear no gloves.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Gloves.......
Or buy a conductive pen type device they cost 50p before brexit.Gasman11 wrote:You can with those blue ones with the pimples on the fingers that RM issue, they are thin enough to still feel the mail and the pimples allow you to grip and sort the letters. Only problem is your pda, you'd have to cut the finger tip off one of the gloves to be able to press the screen.Trail wrote:You can't wear gloves if you're trying to deliver letters, you can't split the post apart.smartecosse wrote:I am going to need some decent gloves for the colder weather as I suffer from Reynauds.
Any suggestions for ones that do good job and are also waterproof to a certain extent?
Should I be looking for a fingerless pair or a normal pair and just cut the finger/thumbs off as required?
Thanks
Man up and wear no gloves.
-
rubytuesday
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 15:28
- Gender: Female
Gloves.......
I bought touch screen gloves from Tiso last year. Cost £22 but made a huge difference. They’re not 100% perfect, but they give enough dexterity so you can use the stylus to touch the pda screen instead. Result is you don’t have to take your gloves off - no more hot aches! I found I can easily separate mail from bundle no probs.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Gloves.......
https://www.sealskinz.com/gloves/ultra- ... -black.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=A ... CAg&uact=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iv a pair of these, water proof touch screen proof and your able to flick through mail no problems
https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=A ... CAg&uact=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
iv a pair of these, water proof touch screen proof and your able to flick through mail no problems
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
Gloves.......
You could try disposable, surgery like gloves, under regular fingerless gloves. It helps, but still not perfect. It allows you to maintain the feeling in your finger tips you need when flicking through letters etc.