ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who recently became a full timer?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sylwana811
Posts: 14
Joined: 28 Jul 2012, 20:52
Gender: Female

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by sylwana811 »

I have a problem with getting a permanent full time contract.
I’m on 27.5 hrs contract and 4 months ago I got a TEMPORARY change to 35 hrs.

I have been told that it’s not possible to get a permanent 35 hrs now.
Any thoughts?
Jefferson Starfish
Posts: 905
Joined: 12 Aug 2011, 15:32
Gender: Female
Location: Greendale DO

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by Jefferson Starfish »

No offence but personally i think you should consider yourself lucky you've been made up on a temporary contract
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by Jpro747 »

No one has been made up to FT for years in our office, despite most Part Timers working 38hrs every week covering FT duties. Whenever they are coming up for their six-month review the manager puts them on a part time duty, and uses this as an excuse to not increase their hours.
sylwana811
Posts: 14
Joined: 28 Jul 2012, 20:52
Gender: Female

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by sylwana811 »

It took me few years as well lol
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by Celgar »

RM are very reluctant to make posties up to full time. I think if you have a good union rep then they are the best person to pursue that for you. In our office all the posties that started as part time have been made up to permanent full time. It wouldn't be possible for part time posties to complete the walks in our office though as they are longer than in most other offices.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
sylwana811
Posts: 14
Joined: 28 Jul 2012, 20:52
Gender: Female

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by sylwana811 »

Celgar wrote:RM are very reluctant to make posties up to full time. I think if you have a good union rep then they are the best person to pursue that for you. In our office all the posties that started as part time have been made up to permanent full time. It wouldn't be possible for part time posties to complete the walks in our office though as they are longer than in most other offices.

Thank you!
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by Decky Boy »

I think you will find that temporary full-time morphs into permanent full-time after a year. . . or at least that's what happened in my case !
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Who recently became a full timer?

Post by bigal383 »

A week off my triburnal they gave me a 35hr contract I put the disagreement in at office level and let it climb the ranks as I worked full time for 8 years