ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Received 3 Cs today

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lawrencepa2014
Posts: 98
Joined: 20 Sep 2014, 14:03
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by Lawrencepa2014 »

I’m 4 months in and this isn’t my first one. I received a few in my first couple of months but nothing for a while. This week I done 3 misdeliveries somehow (oops) including a tracked parcel. They gave me a 3 Cs form which I signed and told me to double check more. They said they’re going to “task” me with having no misdelivery complaints by the end of my probation. Does this mean that if I do get another complaint for it by then I will likely be let go? And they also said my probation is in November but it should actually be mid October as that would be 6 months. I know 3 misdelivery complaints isn’t great but I feel like I was doing so well for a while. What’s a normal amount of misdelivery complaints to receive? Like how often?
fasrfreddy
Posts: 26
Joined: 07 Jun 2014, 16:46
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by fasrfreddy »

Don't worry they need you in November and we will :cuppa :cuppa be that busy you odd misdemeanor won't matter a bit(we all can misdeliver is no one is perfect)
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by Celgar »

It's not uncommon to deliver a letter by mistake through the incorrect letterbox but you shouldn't really be delivering parcels to the wrong addresses. I usually rely on the likes of Hermes & Yodel to do that kind of thing.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by Gasman11 »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’m 4 months in and this isn’t my first one. I received a few in my first couple of months but nothing for a while. This week I done 3 misdeliveries somehow (oops) including a tracked parcel. They gave me a 3 Cs form which I signed and told me to double check more. They said they’re going to “task” me with having no misdelivery complaints by the end of my probation. Does this mean that if I do get another complaint for it by then I will likely be let go? And they also said my probation is in November but it should actually be mid October as that would be 6 months. I know 3 misdelivery complaints isn’t great but I feel like I was doing so well for a while. What’s a normal amount of misdelivery complaints to receive? Like how often?
Sounds like you might need to slow down a tad and start working a bit more strategically. Do you prep your own bags before you go out. If you do id get into the habit of putting your parcels in delivery sequence order within the bag and you will sometimes find parcels that have been put in the wrong loop by whoevers throwing the walk in. Write a list of your sprcials if you've quite a few and list them in loop or time oder to ensure you'll get them delivered by 1pm. The better organised you are the fewer mistakes you will make.
Trail
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by Trail »

Gasman11 wrote:
Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’m 4 months in and this isn’t my first one. I received a few in my first couple of months but nothing for a while. This week I done 3 misdeliveries somehow (oops) including a tracked parcel. They gave me a 3 Cs form which I signed and told me to double check more. They said they’re going to “task” me with having no misdelivery complaints by the end of my probation. Does this mean that if I do get another complaint for it by then I will likely be let go? And they also said my probation is in November but it should actually be mid October as that would be 6 months. I know 3 misdelivery complaints isn’t great but I feel like I was doing so well for a while. What’s a normal amount of misdelivery complaints to receive? Like how often?
Sounds like you might need to slow down a tad and start working a bit more strategically. Do you prep your own bags before you go out. If you do id get into the habit of putting your parcels in delivery sequence order within the bag and you will sometimes find parcels that have been put in the wrong loop by whoevers throwing the walk in. Write a list of your sprcials if you've quite a few and list them in loop or time oder to ensure you'll get them delivered by 1pm. The better organised you are the fewer mistakes you will make.
This is sound advice.

I used to put all the mail in the bag in correct bundle order and then put the packets in order from left to right. You check your first packet, make a mental note as to when it needs delivering, and then after that make sure you check the second packet. Rinse and repeat.

Some people put a red card in the mail when there's a packet. I thought that was a complete waste of time, and more often than not whoever was bagging my loops up would forget the red card. Stick to ordering the parcels yourself and be vigilant.

As for specials, write down the silver ones, the Chinese ones can go f**k because they don't count and can be delivered any time of the day. None of the Chinese it seems need signatures or are monitored.
Decky Boy
Posts: 440
Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by Decky Boy »

Celgar wrote:It's not uncommon to deliver a letter by mistake through the incorrect letterbox but you shouldn't really be delivering parcels to the wrong addresses. I usually rely on the likes of Hermes & Yodel to do that kind of thing.
:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :dance
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Received 3 Cs today

Post by norris9 »

Lawrencepa2014 wrote:I’m 4 months in and this isn’t my first one. I received a few in my first couple of months but nothing for a while. This week I done 3 misdeliveries somehow (oops) including a tracked parcel. They gave me a 3 Cs form which I signed and told me to double check more. They said they’re going to “task” me with having no misdelivery complaints by the end of my probation. Does this mean that if I do get another complaint for it by then I will likely be let go? And they also said my probation is in November but it should actually be mid October as that would be 6 months. I know 3 misdelivery complaints isn’t great but I feel like I was doing so well for a while. What’s a normal amount of misdelivery complaints to receive? Like how often?

Would surely be harsh if they are that strict.

As a newbie myself I am moved around, sent out on my own on new rounds that have not been previously shown to me, so it's much easier to make mistakes. I am not sure if this has been the same for you. If you have been on the same delivery for many weeks/months and you're making these mistakes then maybe it would be more of a concern to them.

In the same amount of time you have been working at RM I have probably done over 50 misdeliveries if I was to take a guess. But I have never been spoken to by management about these, I guess nobody phoned up and complained. It's easy to do a misdelivery when you are thrown here there and everywhere and houses don't have numbers on them, you lose track of where you are and just hope you are at the number you think you are at, or you are on one of those roads which randomly splits in 2 and one half is Johnson's Avenue and the other side is Terry's Passage and you don't realise as you have been sent out blind. Or someone who prepped the round did a missort and 20 Mildred's Passage has been put in with 20 Mildred's Path and you don't notice.

I don't think I have ever misdelivered a parcel, just letters.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Received 3 Cs today

Post by leolion855 »

If your unsure bring the mail back tell your dom why and ask for advice on where it needs to go next time.