ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Memo on PDA

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Memo on PDA

Post by eastie »

On the PDA in the right hand corner there is 3 dots that brings a drop down box with Navigation, Memo , settings etc.
Reason is that I have a handbook that I use to put down my overtime, if the Gatwick van was late to the delivery office ,start time of round, meal relief time , rail crossing stuck in the down position and other problems that occur on the round if any.
DOMs are now checking PDA actuals and saying that you stopped here and there and its a way of remembering what happened .
Question I am asking is if I use the memo section on the PDA and write notes on there can it mean I can get it back or tell the DOM to check the memo section when he does the actuals for that day , or does it just go back into a black hole?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Memo on PDA

Post by Celgar »

I don't know to be honest. I just wish the likes of memo, navigation, incident at postbox, and all the other ancillary stuff on the PDA would be removed or maybe just moved further into the interface so it could not be so easily activated.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Memo on PDA

Post by robbertwhitton »

eastie wrote:On the PDA in the right hand corner there is 3 dots that brings a drop down box with Navigation, Memo , settings etc.
Reason is that I have a handbook that I use to put down my overtime, if the Gatwick van was late to the delivery office ,start time of round, meal relief time , rail crossing stuck in the down position and other problems that occur on the round if any.
DOMs are now checking PDA actuals and saying that you stopped here and there and its a way of remembering what happened .
Question I am asking is if I use the memo section on the PDA and write notes on there can it mean I can get it back or tell the DOM to check the memo section when he does the actuals for that day , or does it just go back into a black hole?
Good to see doms making use of there day in analysing every step and breath of us out there at the sharp end,how reassuring! It’s all getting a bit silly now,micro managing us,but guess what not much talk of your rounds too big we must take some off you and make it fairer?,our boss barely engages with us now,as we have little to say to him such is the low morale and constant mismanagement within the unit,makes for a sad and subdued atmosphere,and wtll sessions are a real blast!!