ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How knackered are you?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

How knackered are you on a day to day basis?

I am never knackered, I am a machine, no aches, no pains.
27
6%
I have no aches or pains, but at least some days a week I fall asleep early.
33
8%
I sometimes have aches and pains, but rarely fall asleep early.
63
15%
I sometimes have aches and pains and often fall asleep early.
85
20%
I always have aches and pains, but rarely go to bed early.
57
13%
I always have aches and pains and regularly fall asleep early.
121
28%
I am absolutely shattered beyond belief!!! Help Me!!!
39
9%
 
Total votes: 425

norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

How knackered are you?

Post by norris9 »

I personally am knackered all the time with aching muscles, painful feet and sometimes fall to sleep as early as 5pm and don't wake up until the next day. Today I have come home and I am more than knackered, I am shattered and trying to force myself to stay awake as I don't want to be going to bed at 6pm in the ruddy evening.

I am curious how everyone else feels physically on a daily basis by doing a poll.
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by deltaforce »

Sounds excessive...get yourself checked out to rule anything out.
south London postie
Posts: 127
Joined: 14 Jan 2016, 10:54
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by south London postie »

No aches and pains but I do find it tiring and sleep for an hour or so mid afternoon. Proper zonked out. Rest of the day is pretty good after that :Very Happy
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by Gasman11 »

Are you eating and drinking enough while out on your round. I take 1 litre of water, 2 bananas, 2 satsumas and a bar of chocolate out and pick my way through the lot over the course of my duty.
hawkeye622
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 03 Jul 2019, 21:03
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by hawkeye622 »

You should get your bloods and iron levels checked out. No doubt it's an extremely tiring job but keeping hydrated and eating to fuel your body for it, make it a bit easier on the body.
Ren Hoëk
Posts: 737
Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by Ren Hoëk »

I get the odd ache and pain. Usually from where iv knocked myself or twisted my ankle/leg. I generally find the energy to go for a 5k run after work but some heavy days I will fall asleep for an hour on the sofa. I am always tired though. The 5k run is forced! The longer the days have gotten the worse it has become. Its getting up and moving the following day is what is becoming a real struggle.

When I have 3 day stint then day off the 3rd day is fairly achy.
When I have a 4 day stint then day off the 4th day is hard.
When I have a 5 day stint then day off by day 5 i am f****d!
deejay233
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 May 2007, 13:55

How knackered are you?

Post by deejay233 »

I just posted my vote as never knackered. However, I do look after myself,
eat healthily and my hobby is long distance running. I treat work as getting paid
to do something I enjoy. Usually finish work and either go to the gym for a proper workout
or go for a 10k run. I get by on about 6 hours sleep a night.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How knackered are you?

Post by clashcityrocker »

norris9 wrote:I personally am knackered all the time with aching muscles, painful feet and sometimes fall to sleep as early as 5pm and don't wake up until the next day. Today I have come home and I am more than knackered, I am shattered and trying to force myself to stay awake as I don't want to be going to bed at 6pm in the ruddy evening.

I am curious how everyone else feels physically on a daily basis by doing a poll.
This would be considered normal if you were about 90.
Do you have any other symptoms? Do you have any underlying medical conditions?
My advice would be to go to a chemist and get them to check you for diabetes.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
shakapaw
Posts: 18
Joined: 23 Sep 2007, 14:27
Location: observatory

How knackered are you?

Post by shakapaw »

Have your thyroid checked
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by wacko74 »

I don't actually feel tired as such, but everything from my knees downward is just total PAIN.

I'd go to the docs but I honestly wouldn't know where to begin... do I tell them about the ligament pain around the sides of my knees, or the joint pain at the front of my knees, or the sharp shooting pain in my shins, or the feelings of tightness and pain in my achiles, or the constant dull pain and stiffness in my ankles or the pain with the arches and souls of my feet!!?
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

How knackered are you?

Post by Jpro747 »

Take a packed lunch and eat it during a break in the middle of the shift helps a lot. Proper food as well, not the junk that the runners function on.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

How knackered are you?

Post by twoloops »

To Norris & Wacko treat yourselves to a nice pair of Merrel trainers & some decent socks F' the expense, be worth it.
deejay233
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 May 2007, 13:55

How knackered are you?

Post by deejay233 »

Jpro747 wrote:Take a packed lunch and eat it during a break in the middle of the shift helps a lot. Proper food as well, not the junk that the runners function on.
I agree 100% with this post. Whenever I use a borrowed van the amount of chocolate, biscuit and sweet wrappers astonish me. Do people really think that this is the correct diet to function properly?? I prepare a packed lunch every morning which usually consists of a large tub of pasta, bananas and flapjack. F**k the meal relief before going out on delivery. Take 4x10 minute breaks whilst out on delivery to fuel up. Plenty of water as opposed to fizzy drinks. Stay fit and healthy and this job will seem pretty easy. (My delivery is 4.5 hours long).
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

How knackered are you?

Post by norris9 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
norris9 wrote:I personally am knackered all the time with aching muscles, painful feet and sometimes fall to sleep as early as 5pm and don't wake up until the next day. Today I have come home and I am more than knackered, I am shattered and trying to force myself to stay awake as I don't want to be going to bed at 6pm in the ruddy evening.

I am curious how everyone else feels physically on a daily basis by doing a poll.
This would be considered normal if you were about 90.
Do you have any other symptoms? Do you have any underlying medical conditions?
My advice would be to go to a chemist and get them to check you for diabetes.
Based on the polling results so far......most people must be 90+
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

How knackered are you?

Post by glenfiddich »

Ren Hoëk wrote:
When I have 3 day stint then day off the 3rd day is fairly achy.
When I have a 4 day stint then day off the 4th day is hard.
When I have a 5 day stint then day off by day 5 i am f****d!
Ditto :wave