ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Who can sort IHR??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Si3640 »

I got approved for IHR a week last Thursday and because my DOM is Off I've not signed paperwork of any kind, I keep on getting fobbed off saying there looking into it.
Surely someone other than the DOM can sort it.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Who can sort IHR??

Post by General Mannerheim »

Si3640 wrote:I got approved for IHR a week last Thursday and because my DOM is Off I've not signed paperwork of any kind, I keep on getting fobbed off saying there looking into it.
Surely someone other than the DOM can sort it.
The Area Manager could do it or a similar manager rank if you have them in your office i.e we have a Dom and two former Dom's in our shithole who are known to do the paperwork :roll: , if your in a small office though I'm afraid you will just have to wait for your Dom to come back from his jollies.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Postie45 »

the waiting works in your favour doesnt it ?
You continue to get paid while they waste time finalising it.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Si3640 »

Not really I go to no pay as of next week...haha
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by dawsonmcc »

Get in touch with your operations manager/area manager they can do it for you. Your dim is not a high enough grade to do it. I have mine sorted now eventhough they were late putting it into payroll. Payroll cuts off on a Tuesday at 4pm so make sure it's done before that for payment next Friday pal
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Si3640 »

I actually went in today to sort it DOM not back yet they don't know when, plus they said the email will be sent to get her she's the only one who can sort it...Just getting beyond a joke now. I did actually suggest the area manager but they said they were short handed and I would have to wait for the DOM to come back, peeved off isn't the word pal..
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Postie45 »

id get my rep onto it at this point, maybe the area rep, if the DOM is on a prolonged absence things like this still need to get done
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by dawsonmcc »

Si just typical of royal mail management not got a scooby how to do things makes my piss boil at how useless they all are. Hopefully you will get sorted soon and then give them the middle finger.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Si3640 »

1sr port of call was my rep he keeps asking them everyday nothing seems to be moving, wish I could ring the leavi g team myself.
deucepost
Posts: 6
Joined: 28 Feb 2015, 18:25
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by deucepost »

I ended up going on the sick then they got there finger out.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Who can sort IHR??

Post by Si3640 »

I've been on the sick for 7 months there probably thinking what another 7...haha
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Who can sort IHR??

Post by k979aaa »

Si3640 wrote:I actually went in today to sort it DOM not back yet they don't know when, plus they said the email will be sent to get her she's the only one who can sort it...Just getting beyond a joke now. I did actually suggest the area manager but they said they were short handed and I would have to wait for the DOM to come back, peeved off isn't the word pal..
Dom's do suffer stress or other sickness you know it is hard to believe that no one is in a position to act in the office on his her behalf!