ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
Im on annual leave this week. My contract is 30 hrs but over the last few weeks ive worked around 36 on average. Is there something in place to get paid more for this week off, if so do I need to apply for it and im I already too late in doing so.?!!
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
No this does not exist
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
I may have this wrong but I was under the impression it was a new law and it goes on the average earnings for the last 12 weeks. I have read a couple of articles on this and it does mention it on the .Gov website. Like I say I may have this wrong and it may only be certain companies that do it.
-
barrowc
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 01:36
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
This is the issue which people are taking to ACAS - see this thread and this one for details
-
Vickihamill1
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 02 Feb 2016, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
Yes it does exist, if you work o n the logistics you get an average on your weeks off but no it’s not the law
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32801
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Basic pay when on annual leave or is it an average of recent weeks?
Check the links that barrow has posted, there are also other LTB's on the subject in the union room.
I will be doing a new forum on this shortly where everything is together.
I will be doing a new forum on this shortly where everything is together.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.