ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gnuru
Posts: 54
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 18:23
Gender: Male

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by gnuru »

Hi! Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this question here too. No luck so far on New Starters board ..

My local branch has advertised a postie vacancy and has used the same job reference number as they did a month before, which means I can't reapply. I failed to get an interview a month before but, for-what-it's-worth, last year I did, and did well enough to be put on the waiting list (but nothing came up in that 3 months).

Does anyone know if this is a legit ploy to 'weed out' the previous month's applicants ..? Or could it perhaps be an error, done for convenience but without taking into account the 'unintended' consequences? I asked recruitment but the response was generic, and I'm considering going to the branch to ask in person tomorrow morning, but job may disappear any moment as it's been up a few days ..
Chupacabra74
Posts: 52
Joined: 08 Jul 2017, 17:15
Gender: Male

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by Chupacabra74 »

Don’t you have to wait 6 months?
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by Celgar »

The RM HR department is notoriously bad for not keeping in touch with applicants and generally dragging their feet which often results in applicants taking job offers elsewhere. I would say it is a good idea to pop into you local delivery office or the office where you think there are vacancies and chasing it up from that end.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
gnuru
Posts: 54
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 18:23
Gender: Male

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by gnuru »

Celgar wrote:The RM HR department is notoriously bad for not keeping in touch with applicants and generally dragging their feet which often results in applicants taking job offers elsewhere. I would say it is a good idea to pop into you local delivery office or the office where you think there are vacancies and chasing it up from that end.
Thanks Celgar, will do next time. As anticipated, this particular vacancy was taken down today.
gnuru
Posts: 54
Joined: 29 Aug 2017, 18:23
Gender: Male

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by gnuru »

Chupacabra74 wrote:Don’t you have to wait 6 months?
Pretty sure that only applies after you take and fail an interview. Cheers.
lin1
Posts: 58
Joined: 14 Jan 2019, 14:21
Gender: Female

Postie application blocked in-error/unfairly?

Post by lin1 »

I couldn’t apply for 6 months when the position was withdrawn!