Hi guys im a part time postie of 7.5 years. If anyone can give me their advice with this I would be extremely grateful, thank you.
I'm currently off sick (5th of 6 weeks) with an painful hammer toe and bunion on my right foot. I have an 'application' in for IHR. My manager has conducted a scoping exercise to accommodate my foot issue and has come back with a LTA parcel delivery job which by all accounts is a nice job. However they want me to take a 2.5 hour pay cut to 30 hours a week. My manager says that I don't have to accept but if I pursue the IHR route Royal Mail may let me go but a pay out isn't guaranteed which sounds like absolute bollocks quite frankly. My area cwu rep says she is lying and if I go back to the doctor and get another sick note for say another 4-6 weeks then Royal Mail will pay me off. Is my area rep right? Is my manager right? All of your thoughts are appreciated. Thank you.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Reasonable adjustment
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
Reasonable adjustment
to be honest I think its a bit poor that your area rep is telling you to get another sick note to get ihr unless you want to leave , your rep should be talking to your manager to looking to find away how they and you can work the extra 2.5 hrs a week of your contracted hours so you don't lose out on hours.
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Reasonable adjustment
Your area rep is probably more clued up on what happens in your office/area than anyone here. In our office it's the norm only to table IHR after nearly 6 months absence so it shows there are different approaches between offices.
I am unaware if RM offering you that LAT duty would constitute a Reasonable Adjustment if it affects both your hours AND start and finish times but I'm sure your area rep will help you navigate the process and advise on potential pitfalls etc..
I am unaware if RM offering you that LAT duty would constitute a Reasonable Adjustment if it affects both your hours AND start and finish times but I'm sure your area rep will help you navigate the process and advise on potential pitfalls etc..
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"