ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D Checks.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
I hope this hasn't been done before.
Do you really think RM or companies check on whether people have received D2Ds?
I can't see how it's doable. I couldn't tell you which companies I've received D2Ds from from one week to the next. Plus, when I lived with a lassie last year she'd often get to the mail before me and bin the D2Ds before I got home...so if anyone did check and someone called and said "did you receive the [company's] leaflet" I'd say no and then this would drop the postman in it.
Strange one.
Do you really think RM or companies check on whether people have received D2Ds?
I can't see how it's doable. I couldn't tell you which companies I've received D2Ds from from one week to the next. Plus, when I lived with a lassie last year she'd often get to the mail before me and bin the D2Ds before I got home...so if anyone did check and someone called and said "did you receive the [company's] leaflet" I'd say no and then this would drop the postman in it.
Strange one.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
I'm pretty sure in the future the GPS on your PDA will no doubt be used to make sure you go to every delivery point with a D2D, if it hasn't already been used.
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
D2D Checks.
They definitely do ring up customers, randomly, to check on occasion.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
D2D Checks.
Customers must get really pissed-off, when RM phones to ensure they are getting all the unwanted, unasked for, junk mail, they really couldn’t give two sh***s about.
Royal Mail in the 21st century, is the worst, the most backward, it has ever been in its entire history.
Nobody, but nobody, loves that s**t.
The sooner they, and those companies that plague the public with it, get it through their ultra thick skulls, the better for everyone concerned.
Royal Mail in the 21st century, is the worst, the most backward, it has ever been in its entire history.
Nobody, but nobody, loves that s**t.
The sooner they, and those companies that plague the public with it, get it through their ultra thick skulls, the better for everyone concerned.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
D2D Checks.
A few years ago one of our line managers decided to check whether d2d had been delivered.
He collected the leftovers on a duty and sent them in an envelope with a covering letter (and a reply paid envelope) to a dozen or so addresses on the duty. The letter asked them whether they had received those particular d2d the week before. He did it for several duties in the office over a few weeks.
No idea how many replied, I expect most just binned them along with the original d2d!!
He collected the leftovers on a duty and sent them in an envelope with a covering letter (and a reply paid envelope) to a dozen or so addresses on the duty. The letter asked them whether they had received those particular d2d the week before. He did it for several duties in the office over a few weeks.
No idea how many replied, I expect most just binned them along with the original d2d!!
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
There's no way of knowing if all the d2d you get were delivered by RM. Some might be someone locally, nothing to do with RM delivering leaflets for some local firm
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
RM definitely send out test letters to certain customers who have agreed to take part, our managers have told us we have to report it immediately if we happen to find out anyone we deliver to is a test customer as even the DOM's aren't supposed to know who they are.
So I wouldn't be surprised if these test customers are also asked to monitor and report what d2d's they receive
So I wouldn't be surprised if these test customers are also asked to monitor and report what d2d's they receive
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
D2D Checks.
There are 3 methods of checking D2D delivery.
1. AN independent panel who does the mail reporting and where the regulator gets their figures from. Those panel members report EVERYTHING that gets posted through the door.
2. Local managers should run checks, that may include contacting householders, or having volunteers reporting back to them.
3. The one I was involved in before I worked for Royal Mail. Whenever we ran a local campaign selling our product we were instructed to offer a special discount if they would contact us on receipt of the D2D leaflet, or of course if they didn't.
Then, of course, the client can complain:
4. Most of the promotions were specific to areas, and we normally worked with clients (companies, councils etc) who had representatives in the area. They would be quick to contact us if they didn't receive their leaflet through the mail when it was expected
1. AN independent panel who does the mail reporting and where the regulator gets their figures from. Those panel members report EVERYTHING that gets posted through the door.
2. Local managers should run checks, that may include contacting householders, or having volunteers reporting back to them.
3. The one I was involved in before I worked for Royal Mail. Whenever we ran a local campaign selling our product we were instructed to offer a special discount if they would contact us on receipt of the D2D leaflet, or of course if they didn't.
Then, of course, the client can complain:
4. Most of the promotions were specific to areas, and we normally worked with clients (companies, councils etc) who had representatives in the area. They would be quick to contact us if they didn't receive their leaflet through the mail when it was expected
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
I have one of these on my walk. As a result if we are short staffed and a walk cannot be delivered it cannot be my walk. Best just to deliver D2Ds to every delivery point that is meant to receive them unless they have an opt out arranged.wacko74 wrote:RM definitely send out test letters to certain customers who have agreed to take part, our managers have told us we have to report it immediately if we happen to find out anyone we deliver to is a test customer as even the DOM's aren't supposed to know who they are.
So I wouldn't be surprised if these test customers are also asked to monitor and report what d2d's they receive
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
A local supermarket in our area regularly issues D2D's. And of course they have loads of employees on our walks. Once
the supermarket manager checked with his staff if they'd received the D2D. Several in a particular area hadn't.....needless
to say it all kicked off.....!!
Also a local councillor once complained because he reckoned he hadn't received a copy of the county council magazine,
but from what I heard it was a one off mistake in this case.
So you never know who's watching/monitoring......
the supermarket manager checked with his staff if they'd received the D2D. Several in a particular area hadn't.....needless
to say it all kicked off.....!!
Also a local councillor once complained because he reckoned he hadn't received a copy of the county council magazine,
but from what I heard it was a one off mistake in this case.
So you never know who's watching/monitoring......
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
It's clear who doesn't do d2d look under the fitting on Wednesday afternoon and they haven't untied Them
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
D2D Checks.
for the last 6 years I haven't delivered door to door I put my share on top of the other walks when I come in on the end of my delivery and the other posties do them 
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
All ours were numbered (each bundle) get rid of the label and then you can get rid of the D2Ds. Our office was CCTVd so you had to be careful.slinder123 wrote:for the last 6 years I haven't delivered door to door I put my share on top of the other walks when I come in on the end of my delivery and the other posties do them
I just used to take mine to wherever I went - if I delivered mail to an address they got a D2D, if not they didn't, and then the rest were either burnt or put in a recycling bin in a place like Sainsbury or at the household waste recycling.
f**k going to every house.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
slinder123 wrote:for the last 6 years I haven't delivered door to door I put my share on top of the other walks when I come in on the end of my delivery and the other posties do them
Easy pickings for sackings for RM. It'd only need for RM to do random checks as to if the d2d is getting delivered and you'd potentially be on the conduct codeTrail wrote:All ours were numbered (each bundle) get rid of the label and then you can get rid of the D2Ds. Our office was CCTVd so you had to be careful.slinder123 wrote:for the last 6 years I haven't delivered door to door I put my share on top of the other walks when I come in on the end of my delivery and the other posties do them
I just used to take mine to wherever I went - if I delivered mail to an address they got a D2D, if not they didn't, and then the rest were either burnt or put in a recycling bin in a place like Sainsbury or at the household waste recycling.
f**k going to every house.
-
Dindin
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
- Gender: Male
D2D Checks.
Some just don't open them . Nothings saidTrail wrote:All ours were numbered (each bundle) get rid of the label and then you can get rid of the D2Ds. Our office was CCTVd so you had to be careful.slinder123 wrote:for the last 6 years I haven't delivered door to door I put my share on top of the other walks when I come in on the end of my delivery and the other posties do them
I just used to take mine to wherever I went - if I delivered mail to an address they got a D2D, if not they didn't, and then the rest were either burnt or put in a recycling bin in a place like Sainsbury or at the household waste recycling.
f**k going to every house.