ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dog bite closure
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Can anyone confirm the procedure for closure and outcome after a dog bite,compensation,input from police,union,dog warden,management etc,is it dependent on how ruthless you should pursue the case?with backing from this useless company,or is it thrashed out via insurance etc?just can’t believe after a nasty dog bite attack,caught on cctv nothings come of it,just wonder if it’s just down to him not wanting to fully pursue it,
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
If you leave it up to RM management nothing will get done.robbertwhitton wrote:Can anyone confirm the procedure for closure and outcome after a dog bite,compensation,input from police,union,dog warden,management etc,is it dependent on how ruthless you should pursue the case?with backing from this useless company,or is it thrashed out via insurance etc?just can’t believe after a nasty dog bite attack,caught on cctv nothings come of it,just wonder if it’s just down to him not wanting to fully pursue it,
Police, for sure. Union, for sure (but they're completely useless c***s). Get a solicitor involved.
A dog warden won't do anything, insurance won't either.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Cheers my friend,thought as much,very annoying as he’s a relative of mine,and just wish he’d grow a pair and take them to the cleaners over it,didn’t want to seem nosey but at the same time wanted him to be very pro active on this case and make a point,but sadly I feel the chance has passed,what involvement if any should our useless boss have?.
-
Trail
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Your boss should be fighting your/your relative's corner as he's your/their boss and that's what he's paid to do. Unfortunately your boss cares more about his bonuses than a dog bite, so he'll put that first and f**k anything else.robbertwhitton wrote:Cheers my friend,thought as much,very annoying as he’s a relative of mine,and just wish he’d grow a pair and take them to the cleaners over it,didn’t want to seem nosey but at the same time wanted him to be very pro active on this case and make a point,but sadly I feel the chance has passed,what involvement if any should our useless boss have?.
The police should be involved, a solicitor, and the useless CWU folk and that's about all you've got basically. I don't know the exact stance with insurance. You'd have to look into that.
I know of some folk who have got a couple of grand out of a dog bite, I also know of a couple who have been given the 'get the money but the dog has to go' option. As regards the latter option I love dogs too much so if it came to this for me then the dog stays, the money goes and I'd be applying Savlon to the wound and be happy being skint.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Report to the Police and they will take a statement.Then they will talk to witnesses if any and dog owner.They will ask If You want it to go to court if they think there is a strong case.Expect it to all take up to 8 months(mine did).Owner will be fined and make compensation to for costs and damage through the court
I’d also add If The Police and You go about it right theres no need for a solicitor and Royal Mails involvement will be minimal.
I’d also add If The Police and You go about it right theres no need for a solicitor and Royal Mails involvement will be minimal.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Dog bite closure
The person who was attacked has the final say so, and if a member of the Union they will pursue a claim for him through Union line. The business itself should report it to the police and interact with the resident. However, unless there is a prosecution RM rarely get involved with any legal or compensatory action.robbertwhitton wrote:Can anyone confirm the procedure for closure and outcome after a dog bite,compensation,input from police,union,dog warden,management etc,is it dependent on how ruthless you should pursue the case?with backing from this useless company,or is it thrashed out via insurance etc?just can’t believe after a nasty dog bite attack,caught on cctv nothings come of it,just wonder if it’s just down to him not wanting to fully pursue it,
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Sadly I think it finished,he says they ran out of time or some story,I think he felt bad about the dog etc but got little or no back up from manager,as I discovered when I asked the boss,you would think they would take an interest surely,?but history should tell me different,just less hassle I guess,typical
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2057
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Dog bite closure
Your mate has been bull sh- -ed. He needs to get onto Police Himself. They were brilliant when I needed help but He must push for whatever He wants.They are obliged also to give Him updates as and when things happen.