ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Special delivery
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
Customer signs for SD item just before 1pm, I continue on walking , go back to van 5 mins later , just after 1pm and he calls me over and says he didn't want this particular item , PS firm , as I didn't show it to him , so I endoresed REFUSED on PDA ?
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
I was under the impression that if the customer signs for an item we relinquish possession and it is their responsibility from that moment on ie a customer must either accept item or refuse straightaway, not one followed by another.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
Tend to agree with Gasman, accept or refuse. I had one person who wanted to open a package to
check the contents were ok before she signed for it - not a chance!!!!
Also, in some areas I've covered I wouldn't trust some people not to have doctored the package somehow......
check the contents were ok before she signed for it - not a chance!!!!
Also, in some areas I've covered I wouldn't trust some people not to have doctored the package somehow......
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Special delivery
I delivered a SD package to a lady 10 minutes later she collared me on the other side of the road with an empty box & the packaging & wanting me to take it back off her & return it, which I refused? Told her she needs to contact the company she purchased the item from, told DOM my story & never heard anything ever again?
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
No chance
They could have opened it and took the contents and resealed then who is getting the blame when its returned to the customer who sent it?
They could have opened it and took the contents and resealed then who is getting the blame when its returned to the customer who sent it?
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Ciderboy1957
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:46
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
No unopened , a letter , think he may have realised he shud not have signed for it but I didn't want to get into row with him as there as been a few " moments " with him before is premises not open etc !
Anyways phoned manager and told him , endoresed and rescanned , refused
Anyways phoned manager and told him , endoresed and rescanned , refused
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
Manager oked it no problem.Ciderboy1957 wrote:No unopened , a letter , think he may have realised he shud not have signed for it but I didn't want to get into row with him as there as been a few " moments " with him before is premises not open etc !
Anyways phoned manager and told him , endoresed and rescanned , refused
-
barcajr
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 12 Oct 2009, 01:04
- Gender: Male
Special delivery
If it's unopened, just rescan it as refused and kill it off when you get back. On the other hand if its been opened by the customer, refuse to take it back and tell the customer to contact the sender