ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ill Health Retirement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by Si3640 »

I got approved for Ill Health Retirement on Thursday I can't get in touch with my DOM,
I've been told by OH that everything is in the hands of the leaving team I've just had no contact off anyone I just don't know what the process is now.

Thanks.
hothothot
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 422
Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by hothothot »

Your Dom should be in touch pretty soon, basically you meet your Dom to sign paper work which will show how much your pay off will be. Don't forget any holiday pay which you might be owed. You get your complete pay off in your next wage slip once your meeting with our Dom is over. If you don't work between now and April next year you will be able to claim tax back. I wish you well for the future.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by Si3640 »

Thanks very much for that I just can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone :crazy: My Dom is off for another so I'm just waiting to see if the acting dom can sort it..cheers very much for your advice much appreciated.
tooearlyforme
Posts: 5
Joined: 24 Aug 2019, 14:48
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by tooearlyforme »

Si3640 wrote:Thanks very much for that I just can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone :crazy: My Dom is off for another so I'm just waiting to see if the acting dom can sort it..cheers very much for your advice much appreciated.
hi mate, can you open your account for PM i have a couple of questions if you could help me
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by Si3640 »

Ask away changed my settings.
tooearlyforme
Posts: 5
Joined: 24 Aug 2019, 14:48
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by tooearlyforme »

thanks, sent !
dawsonmcc
Posts: 26
Joined: 25 Feb 2011, 15:53
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by dawsonmcc »

Well done si I had my meeting on 20th with operations manager getting pay off this Friday. Have you had your paper work to sign
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

Ill Health Retirement

Post by Si3640 »

Cheers mate for that. My DOM is Off so we've got an acting DOM who's actually quite a decent guy. I ringing tomorrow to see if he can speed it up or I suppose any manager, just don't want to wait till next week till the actual DOM gets back.