ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Think 25

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
superdazzy
Posts: 98
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 20:37
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by superdazzy »

Has anybody heard of this think 25 idea from RM, they want us to get ID from the customers when they are signing for an item and to check they are old enough??
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by SpacePhoenix »

There's a couple of threads on the go about this already
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Think 25

Post by norris9 »

get them to take a loop off our rounds first. There is no time for this messing about, people faff about finding their keys to open the door, then they will have to find their wallet upstairs in some back pocket of some pair of trousers.
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by Sir Henry »

And the inevitable argument that ensues. We need an official card printed that we can hand to any disgruntled customer with the DOMs direct phone number on ii. Then they can deal with some of the s**t that they're shovelling for a change.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
cpsteve
Posts: 699
Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by cpsteve »

its only for a very few items that have age restrictions and will marked as age restricted no need to be worried.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by daveyeff »

told us this morning at wtll. they said if we are delivering beer or wines that we need to get the recipients/occupants I.D. not supposed to give it to kids at the door. how are they going to police it? how would they know if we didn't ask for I.D.?
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by rambo1 »

daveyeff wrote:told us this morning at wtll. they said if we are delivering beer or wines that we need to get the recipients/occupants I.D. not supposed to give it to kids at the door. how are they going to police it? how would they know if we didn't ask for I.D.?
Neighbors are gonna be well chuffed when you knock them up when they've been on nights, then ask for ID. Just imagine it :confused
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Think 25

Post by beanmuncha »

I really don't like the idea of this, we are not the company who sent it, it is not our job to check it's theirs
I have heard RM will get paid for this extra service, but it us who will have to take the s**t on the doorstep.
I have some houses on my run that i hope do not order these items because i know they will be trouble.
Daveg50
Posts: 40
Joined: 02 Jun 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by Daveg50 »

What is the date, Is this an April the 1st joke. I have never heard of this are you all having a laugh asking for ID at the customers door, the places I deliver I will be getting a mouthful of abuse and told to go forth and multiply, some of the signatures I collect are just a scrawl on the PDA. Cant see this taking off. :arrrghhh
FacesOfStone
Posts: 112
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 21:52
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by FacesOfStone »

I don’t get the whole '25' thing as though it’s foolproof and not just an arbitrary age plucked out of someone's arsehole. As far as I’m concerned, anyone who looks like an adult can be assumed to be 25 and that’s the vast majority of people who receive parcels.

Unlike in retail where you get more than the occasional group of children chancing their arm at buying a six pack, lighter fluid and fireworks, the number of children who open the door to receive packages is pretty damn low, and if they haven’t got a parent with them at the time, mummy or daddy can go and collect the package when they get home
picture123
Posts: 121
Joined: 22 Oct 2014, 20:42
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by picture123 »

I'm assuming that the companies that are buying this service will have some sort of notice that the customer must click on and agree to when ordering. E. G. You will be asked for proof of ID upon delivery or something like that
LouBarlow
Posts: 4709
Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56

Think 25

Post by LouBarlow »

If you order booze from Amazon they already do this. Had one of their couriers ask for photo ID a while back. Seems to be a lot of gin drinkers on my round, but if they open the door, they are getting the parcel no questions asked. What next? ID for 18-certificate DVDs we deliver?
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by miles_peters »

this puts us on the front line for potential abuse. I think this type of item should be collection only, it should not fall on us to ask for proof of age on the doorstep. its dangerous and the ID could easily be fake. we're not police we just deliver parcels and letters.
kookoo32
Posts: 187
Joined: 10 Oct 2008, 20:34
Gender: Male
Location: scotland

Think 25

Post by kookoo32 »

I have had a couple of tracked items that say on the front that a signature has to be obtained by someone over 21. I just ignored the message as it's bad enough folk hunting around for their house keys never mind looking for ID as well.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Think 25

Post by daveyeff »

Daveg50 wrote:What is the date, Is this an April the 1st joke. I have never heard of this are you all having a laugh asking for ID at the customers door, the places I deliver I will be getting a mouthful of abuse and told to go forth and multiply, some of the signatures I collect are just a scrawl on the PDA. Cant see this taking off. :arrrghhh
just for booze.