ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

LBT?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hannahelsaid39
Posts: 4
Joined: 31 Jul 2019, 20:27
Gender: Female

LBT?

Post by Hannahelsaid39 »

Random question, but I see loads of signed 24 hour large letters. I know what they are but what does LBT actually stand for?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

LBT?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Hannahelsaid39 wrote:Random question, but I see loads of signed 24 hour large letters. I know what they are but what does LBT actually stand for?
If you mean Tracked items, I think it's possibly just when a customer has posted more than a certain number in one go
Hannahelsaid39
Posts: 4
Joined: 31 Jul 2019, 20:27
Gender: Female

LBT?

Post by Hannahelsaid39 »

These ones ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dennis12
Posts: 37
Joined: 18 Jun 2013, 19:46
Gender: Male

LBT?

Post by dennis12 »

Large bulk tracked maybe ???
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

LBT?

Post by doorstepped »

Letter by Tracked Signature required.

normally sent out by ticketmaster etc for proof of delivery via tracked item.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

LBT?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

doorstepped wrote:Letter by Tracked Signature required.

normally sent out by ticketmaster etc for proof of delivery via tracked item.
I've seen LBT on Tracked packets as well
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

LBT?

Post by fb1969 »

When they first came in we were told they were "Letter Box Tracked". I don't know if that meant they were supposed to fit through a letterbox (so, letterboxable).
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
Gasman11
Posts: 272
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
Gender: Male

LBT?

Post by Gasman11 »

Hannahelsaid39 wrote:These ones ...
They used to have an instruction not to deliver to neighbour on those but they seem to have dropped that now. Don't like leaving letters, signed for or tracked, with a neighbour though so 739 them if no-one in.