ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
-
daveyctvr
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 18:33
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Hi Guys and Girls!!
20 years wearing Royal Mail shoes has took it's toll. Had those new Flexi-sole Pathers and with them being so narrow I've had allsorts of problems.
Shooting pains in my 2nd toe. Currently on the sick waiting for ultrasound to see if it's Mortons Nueroma.
I plan on getting the Doctors note and sourcing my own footwear. Just after a list of recommendations to look for and try on. Apologies if this is elsewhere in the forum, I've had a good look but can't find much.
Karimoor pops up here and there.
Would love some advice on what the best alternatives are.
Cheers!
20 years wearing Royal Mail shoes has took it's toll. Had those new Flexi-sole Pathers and with them being so narrow I've had allsorts of problems.
Shooting pains in my 2nd toe. Currently on the sick waiting for ultrasound to see if it's Mortons Nueroma.
I plan on getting the Doctors note and sourcing my own footwear. Just after a list of recommendations to look for and try on. Apologies if this is elsewhere in the forum, I've had a good look but can't find much.
Karimoor pops up here and there.
Would love some advice on what the best alternatives are.
Cheers!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Buy insoles https://www.google.com/search?q=insoles ... e&ie=UTF-8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;daveyctvr wrote:Hi Guys and Girls!!
20 years wearing Royal Mail shoes has took it's toll. Had those new Flexi-sole Pathers and with them being so narrow I've had allsorts of problems.
Shooting pains in my 2nd toe. Currently on the sick waiting for ultrasound to see if it's Mortons Nueroma.
I plan on getting the Doctors note and sourcing my own footwear. Just after a list of recommendations to look for and try on. Apologies if this is elsewhere in the forum, I've had a good look but can't find much.
Karimoor pops up here and there.
Would love some advice on what the best alternatives are.
Cheers!
-
daveyctvr
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 18:33
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
I've been using Poron Dual Layer insoles for a few years...
It's alternative footwear I'm after thanks
It's alternative footwear I'm after thanks
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
I've found these fantastic https://www.decathlon.co.uk/crosslander ... 85084.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; took around 3 months before I took the heels down, but the shoes still looked like new, I have returned them 6 times to Decathlon & they have replaced them no questions asked, just don't tell them your a postman. 
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Well go to your doctor you need that to prove so you can use them I have a pair of Berghaus boots they are great but do not use them for delivery but some swear by Karrimor on here but must admit RM shoes are shite!daveyctvr wrote:I've been using Poron Dual Layer insoles for a few years...
It's alternative footwear I'm after thanks
-
daveyctvr
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 18:33
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Thanks so far people
Berghaus boots...
and those Merrell look good.
Yeah Doctor on board. Had my OH telephone interview, had a Physio session from Royal Mail too. Physio is asking for a Pediatrician appointment. I'll certainly be getting that GP letter.
Berghaus boots...
and those Merrell look good.
Yeah Doctor on board. Had my OH telephone interview, had a Physio session from Royal Mail too. Physio is asking for a Pediatrician appointment. I'll certainly be getting that GP letter.
-
spen
- Posts: 531
- Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Karimoors I used were too heavy,, comfiest iv ever worn is salomans
-
Gasman11
- Posts: 272
- Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 14:07
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Been wearing Nike Revolution 4 for the last couple of weeks, pros so far - extremely comfortable and lightweight, relatively inexpensive at £35, cons - let in rain fairly easily (but also dry out fairly quickly with being a mesh type design). Im going to invest in a waterproof alternative for soggy days/winter etc and tried a pair of Adidas Terrex AX3R, goretex, light and comfy but pricey at £80.
-
itinerant
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 16 Sep 2017, 17:54
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
The Karrimors I use are lightweight and have good grip https://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-s ... e=18301303spen wrote:Karimoors I used were too heavy,, comfiest iv ever worn is salomans
The only downside is they are not waterproof but the RM shoes were crippling me so these are much better and for £30 a decent price (first pair lasted 4 months before sole began to noticeably wear and were replaced although I still keep them as a back up in case new pair get soaked).
-
smartecosse
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 29 Jan 2019, 18:01
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
The standard shoes caused me problems so I've been wearing my own.
So far the ones that are the comfiest and also seem to to be lasting well are some from Decathlon. In fact they are so comfy and such a good price I went back and bought another three pairs to have replacements ready :)
So far the ones that are the comfiest and also seem to to be lasting well are some from Decathlon. In fact they are so comfy and such a good price I went back and bought another three pairs to have replacements ready :)
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
I have some Merrel that I wear when I've had enough of RM garbage. Wide fitting too.
-
HUGSTEREFC
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 19 Feb 2013, 11:16
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
Salomons, comfortable, lightweight and durable.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4198
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
The Skechers pair I've been wearing have been by far the comfiest shoes I've ever worn. I don't wear RM footwear anymore, I used to like the CATS but they have made the anvils that hardwearing it feels like you've got a pair of bricks on your feet. No good them being able to withstand 50,000 miles before needing a new pair if you can't wear them to start with.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
compostcorner
- Posts: 32
- Joined: 31 May 2011, 15:14
- Gender: Male
ALTERNATIVE FOOTWEAR
i have mortons neuroma and am currently wearing royal mail extra width shoes, with mortons neuroma you need a bit of extra width and you need some custom made insoles, the insoles for mortons neuroma have what feels like half a tennis ball in the middle of your foot, it takes a week or two to get used to, but just wear them for an hour a day to start with and just build up the hours, these insoles need to be custom made as everyones foot is different, so you will need to go to a foot specialist, mine cost just under £300 but the post office reimbursed me the money for them. when i was first diagnosed with the problem and i am a delivery postman the ordinary royal mail footwear was useless, in fact i ended up doing 3 months of indoor jobs as i was unable to walk, but since i have had the extra width footwear and custom insoles things are a lot better, i still get painful days but at least i can do my delivery now. before i had the extra width footwear i wore berghaus walking boots, but i needed a doctors certificate to wear them for work, my manager said i was not insured for accidents unless i was wearing royal mail shoes or had a doctors cerificate to wear alternative footwear.