ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Help

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ViperF
Posts: 120
Joined: 28 Mar 2019, 10:18
Gender: Male

Help

Post by ViperF »

Hi, I need a few questions answering.

1. Do you get paid for scanning the non-tracked packets. I.e 2d packets?

2. I’m on a 30 hour contract how many days holiday do I get?

3. How many Saturdays am I untitled to? I.e 1 in 4 or 1 in 6?

Thanks
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Help

Post by k979aaa »

No But your miffing your manager
4 weeks 1 day
how hard can you suck or do you have a good boss.
sindba
Posts: 1456
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 20:27
Gender: Male

Help

Post by sindba »

1) in delivery we are paid a set hourly wage plus any overtime you do. There are no "extras" for anything, whether scanning / delivering more parcels, Door 2 Doors, whatever.

( apart from political material at election times and a bonus at Xmas)
mattandbenny
Posts: 69
Joined: 14 Jan 2015, 13:44
Gender: Male

Help

Post by mattandbenny »

Should get 1 in 6 saturdays off but if you dont have your own walk you will definately have to chase up your saturday off with managers.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Help

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

ViperF wrote:Hi, I need a few questions answering.

1. Do you get paid for scanning the non-tracked packets. I.e 2d packets?

2. I’m on a 30 hour contract how many days holiday do I get?

3. How many Saturdays am I untitled to? I.e 1 in 4 or 1 in 6?

Thanks
1. Not per item, but scanning them is considered part of your workload which you get paid to perform.
2. Depends on length of service and whether you are paying for extra: On basic entitlement just multiply the basic holiday entitlement you qualify for by 30 hours and thats how much leave you should get
On entry = Four and a half weeks After 15 years = Five weeks 1 day
After 5 years = Four weeks 3.5 days After 20 years = Six weeks
3. You will be entitled to an average of what your colleagues get. If they get no Saturdays off (like me), you won't', if they get 1 - 6 or 1- 4 then you should also get that averaged out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.