ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Commsave question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

Commsave question

Post by misstmac »

Evening all,

Just after some advise from anyone who may be able to put my mind at ease. I’ve been saving with commsave for a little while and decided to apply for a loan to help with moving (bond etc) Anyway, got a message this afternoon to say it had been approved and that I would receive by 8pm tonight. Then at around 5pm I got another message saying it would be in my account within the hour. Great I thought. Until I noticed that the last 4 digits of the account they said it was going into weren’t mine. Tried calling but they had just closed. Logged into my account and my account and sort code details are there as expected...however so is another account and sort code. This isn’t my account and I have no idea where it’s come from but it’s the same last 4 digits I got in the message.

Obviously I’m stressing now and nothing I can do until 9am...but I’ll be out on delivery then.

So, would anyone with a commsave account do me a massive favour and log into their account and click on the loans and services tab and scroll down to ‘remove a bank account’ and see if they too have a different account on there other than their own. My hopeful theory is that this is the account for RM payroll where they deduct our savings contributions from in which case I’m hopeful a quick call in the morning will sort it out. If not..I have no idea what may have happened.

Please someone put my mind at ease and save me from a night of tossing and turning.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :hmmmm
stodgy88
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 641
Joined: 14 Nov 2008, 20:11
Gender: Male

Commsave question

Post by stodgy88 »

done as you asked ,clicked on choose bank account to remove only shows my bank account, wouldn't stress,will obviously check in morning ,will see they have made a mistake and rectify ,I would think, no point worrying over something you have no control over.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Commsave question

Post by Janet Brum »

You can contact them on their webiste, send them a message aand also call them in the morning, your money might get to someone else and until it`s recovered, you`ll get stress.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Commsave question

Post by daveyeff »

how the hell can they have someone else's bank account details on your account?
DrSatan
Posts: 144
Joined: 23 Jun 2017, 19:11
Gender: Male

Commsave question

Post by DrSatan »

If sending money through bank, I always thought the name had to match otherwise it will just bounce back?
Dindin
Posts: 491
Joined: 29 Jul 2019, 17:19
Gender: Male

Commsave question

Post by Dindin »

Hi they require a copy of your bank statement so this isn't possible
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

Commsave question

Post by misstmac »

Thanks for everyone’s input. I called them the following morning and they got it sorted. They agreed that the account they transferred it to was not the account that I asked it to go in. When the banking team got back to me they just said it had been a ‘processing error’. So none the wiser as to what happened but they had it sorted and in the correct account by 5pm that day. Think I was asleep by 6pm after a completely restless night the night before!