ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

sick pay

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by Si3640 »

I am currently off sick I am also due my second OH phone assessment next week, I am currently on SSP but my DOM has phoned offering to put me on leave because I have 2 weeks A/L coming up, do I do that or stay on sick?? Can't help thinking it will be classed as a return to work. Cheers
FacesOfStone
Posts: 112
Joined: 01 Jan 2018, 21:52
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by FacesOfStone »

I don’t think you can be sick and on annual leave simultaneously. I might be wrong, but I thought if annual leave coincided with a period of sickness, it should be cancelled and returned to your leftover allowance.
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by Si3640 »

That's what i was thinking, if they were to do that i suppose they would have to take u off the sick, give you your annual leave then put me back on the sick.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

sick pay

Post by Navalron »

No you stay on the sick, your A/L is cancelled and when you return to work you still have your A/L to take. When you want not what's left. That's the DOM/LINOS problem to manage. We all know that 70% can't manage s..t. And that's me being very generous.
Smith1212
Posts: 161
Joined: 12 Jul 2018, 13:02
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by Smith1212 »

How long have you been off sick and also with the company Id stay on the sick tho for sure !
Si3640
Posts: 24
Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by Si3640 »

Been on the sick for 7 months got my OH assessment next week with the doc over the phone looking at IHR.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

sick pay

Post by aiden01 »

Si3640 wrote:Been on the sick for 7 months got my OH assessment next week with the doc over the phone looking at IHR.
Well if it comes to ihr that will be another 2 weeks pay owed.think your dom is chancing his arm.