ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Assistance please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

Assistance please

Post by geordieboy123 »

A duty has become vacant in my office and one of the applicants is under the impression that his service with Parcelforce counts towards his seniority, is this correct?
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Assistance please

Post by Postie45 »

I believe so
smok3y666
Posts: 753
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
Gender: Male

Assistance please

Post by smok3y666 »

I transferred from Parcelforce to Royal Mail and yes it 100% carries over.
geordieboy123
Posts: 384
Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
Gender: Female

Assistance please

Post by geordieboy123 »

smok3y666 wrote:I transferred from Parcelforce to Royal Mail and yes it 100% carries over.
Thanks mate much appreciated
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Assistance please

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

geordieboy123 wrote:A duty has become vacant in my office and one of the applicants is under the impression that his service with Parcelforce counts towards his seniority, is this correct?

It does: https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... er#p761778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LTB164/17 - Joint Statement Inter-Business Transfers and Seniority - Parcelforce Worldwide
The current arrangements stipulate that where a Parcelforce employee transfers into Royal Mail their seniority is retained
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.