I had my OH telephone assessment and the nurse on the phone stated that she doesn't forsee a return to work in my current condition and is sending report to my DOM today. She also stated that i need a phone consultaion woth a doctor because he can only say yes to ill health. But i thought with the nurse saying no return to work can't my DOM make a decision off that??
Cheers.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Optima Health Assessment.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Optima Health Assessment.
I had exactly the same thing with oh assist , I think it needs a qualified doctor to make a final decision on ihr.
-
Si3640
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 13 Sep 2015, 19:01
- Gender: Male
Optima Health Assessment.
I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
-
hothothot
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 422
- Joined: 06 Sep 2016, 13:15
- Gender: Male
Optima Health Assessment.
The oh assist doctor will advise hr on ihr it's up to hr not your dom
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Optima Health Assessment.
How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Optima Health Assessment.
aiden01 wrote:How can your manager make the decision is he a qualified doctor.Si3640 wrote:I just needed to see if anyone is in the same boat, i think ultimately the decision is down to your manager and OH are only there to advise RM.
They are right in a certain way. Even if a Doctor advises IHR is the best way to go, it is only advice. RM will make the final decision, but it will probably be someone in HR who has the final say so.
However, it would be unusual for them to go against medical opinions.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.