ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA not letting you send a signature
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
It happened on a tracked today it's not funny when you have to knock back on
-
1617mel
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
ok Arnold Cheshire I just give it the once , and if it dosent happen then so be it, at my age im not tech knowledge friendly , so I just say to the customer , its not working properly. then I move on if RM query it ,I tell the whole truth the PDA thing is a flop, to me if you tell them the truth then what do they want, you cant turn back the time. that's the problem with RM give your heart and soul best , when 1 problem occurs maybe every 6 months or so , they are on you like a ton of bricks , no thankyou for the previous marvellous 6 months no complaints of delivery.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
So you would let someone sign for a tracked and let the PDA make it disappear and walk off into the unknown?1617mel wrote:ok Arnold Cheshire I just give it the once , and if it dosent happen then so be it, at my age im not tech knowledge friendly , so I just say to the customer , its not working properly. then I move on if RM query it ,I tell the whole truth the PDA thing is a flop, to me if you tell them the truth then what do they want, you cant turn back the time. that's the problem with RM give your heart and soul best , when 1 problem occurs maybe every 6 months or so , they are on you like a ton of bricks , no thankyou for the previous marvellous 6 months no complaints of delivery.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
PDA not letting you send a signature
Good old RM putting the s**t in to IT another Royal Fail.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
This is a Regular Occurancefor me. I just Reboot it although it's a pain to rescan your ID Card (especially if you don't carry it and have to put your ID in manually
). When it Reboots the Signature Screen has disappeared so I assume it sends it when it Reboots.
So far I've had no come backs about failure to scan. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
Ok thanksDorset Plodder wrote:This is a Regular Occurancefor me. I just Reboot it although it's a pain to rescan your ID Card (especially if you don't carry it and have to put your ID in manually). When it Reboots the Signature Screen has disappeared so I assume it sends it when it Reboots.
So far I've had no come backs about failure to scan.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
PDA not letting you send a signature
Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
PDA not letting you send a signature
Yes, that`s the reason, turn it around and will work.Mr Blonde wrote:Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
no it's not working rightJanet Brum wrote:Yes, that`s the reason, turn it around and will work.Mr Blonde wrote:Are you sure it's not because you're holding it the wrong way around? if you turn it towards you the submit button should appear.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
PDA not letting you send a signature
Thanks for the advice I'm not a newbie
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
Same things happened to me this week,also the PDA "freezes" usually turn screen off/on again with top button cures it, then maybe reboot when you're not stood on someone's doorstep.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
Very common problem with the PDA - welcome to my exclusive 'the PDA doesn't work' club. It won't clear by itself so you have to clear the item barcode then either do Power Off or Reboot. Personally if this happens it's usually after they have shut the door and I don't like to bother them so I sign for it myself.arnold cheshire wrote:Twice now I've had customers sign and the submit button doesn't appear . Is anyone else having this issue?
I still haven't nailed down the reason for the fault on the PDA but it could be:
1) Location based problems in particular poor connectivity or phone mast reception.
2) Water or rain entering the battery compartment. (I have ruled this one out).
3) Software/App/programming related.
4) Same as nearly every other bit of RM equipment from vans to frames to stormproof coats that isn't fit for purpose.
I tend to go with reason 3 but others in my office say it's reason 1.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
PDA not letting you send a signature
I have been told this is the answer but I don't generally do it.SpacePhoenix wrote:Are the PDAs being rebooted before you head out to do your walk? Might be worth trying rebooting them once a day before you head out to do your walk
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.