ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Pda actuals
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Pda actuals
Hello just wondered if any other offices are enjoying the use of pda actuals it's been a revelation in ours no more arguments with managers they have come unstuck big time as they are now having to do parts of delivery themselves lol
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
Pda actuals
when did this start in your office? are people taking breaks now?exaandt wrote:Hello just wondered if any other offices are enjoying the use of pda actuals it's been a revelation in ours no more arguments with managers they have come unstuck big time as they are now having to do parts of delivery themselves lol
-
norris9
- Posts: 2696
- Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
- Gender: Female
Pda actuals
This is what I'd expect to happen. PDA actuals should be of benefit to Posties who are overworked....it proves we have no time for a break and that we come back past our time....therefore working for free. Walks should be cut down and no more forcing lapsing down our throats.exaandt wrote:Hello just wondered if any other offices are enjoying the use of pda actuals it's been a revelation in ours no more arguments with managers they have come unstuck big time as they are now having to do parts of delivery themselves lol
-
gunho
- Posts: 59
- Joined: 08 Jan 2010, 20:15
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
If you do the job properly the PDA is your best friend. No lapsing for me
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Pda actuals
We started it in new year it's worked really well the jobs without the content are doing the work they should
My round was designed to have no indoor work and is a long delivery it works for me
My round was designed to have no indoor work and is a long delivery it works for me
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
Nothing has really changed in ours to be quite honest. Management knew a number of the senior guys with the best rounds were going home about 12 then just coming back to sign out at 2, they've been told to knock it off. Lapsing is still identical though, 2 walks lapsed monday, friday, saturday, 6 tuesday, and now because it's summer 1 wednesday and thursday. All split identically between the office; everybody has the same amount of drops each day basically. Some refuse, some are actually fair enough to say they can do extra too to be fair since we're not allowed out till our time.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
What I don't get is the overtime barons (with the easy walks)can do their overtime and duty well within their own duty time but nothing is ever said or highlighted?
We have been told that the gaffers are only concerned with when you go out and when you return...but surely the pda actuals would highlight the fact they are covering two duties but are still able to get back early???
The other week one of the ot barons did their ot before they even started their own duty!!!WTF???
We have been told that the gaffers are only concerned with when you go out and when you return...but surely the pda actuals would highlight the fact they are covering two duties but are still able to get back early???
The other week one of the ot barons did their ot before they even started their own duty!!!WTF???
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
Boy in our office has done OT ever since I started pretty much every day, him and his partner came back an hour early the other day and told to take out the delivery he thought he was getting on OT to take them up to their time 
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
That will only work onceBurghboy wrote:Boy in our office has done OT ever since I started pretty much every day, him and his partner came back an hour early the other day and told to take out the delivery he thought he was getting on OT to take them up to their time
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
We've recently had a duty have loops added to it due to the PDA's actuals. The Duty holders come in early, Work through their break and rush round like mad men! Played themselves! I feel sorry for whoever has to cover and the grief that will be caused.
-
citypostie
- Posts: 895
- Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
I thought that was people's wet dreams on here, runners getting more work so why worry about it? Fair enough if they change all the duties this way meaning the "do the job properly rounds" that can't be completed at at the moment get left alone it will make them ripe for the picking for senior blokes in a repick and some people who have worked all their hours every day will end up on some proper monster roundsRen Hoëk wrote:We've recently had a duty have loops added to it due to the PDA's actuals. The Duty holders come in early, Work through their break and rush round like mad men! Played themselves! I feel sorry for whoever has to cover and the grief that will be caused.
-
Ren Hoëk
- Posts: 737
- Joined: 01 Feb 2018, 12:19
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
Which is exactly the point i was making...citypostie wrote:I thought that was people's wet dreams on here, runners getting more work so why worry about it? Fair enough if they change all the duties this way meaning the "do the job properly rounds" that can't be completed at at the moment get left alone it will make them ripe for the picking for senior blokes in a repick and some people who have worked all their hours every day will end up on some proper monster roundsRen Hoëk wrote:We've recently had a duty have loops added to it due to the PDA's actuals. The Duty holders come in early, Work through their break and rush round like mad men! Played themselves! I feel sorry for whoever has to cover and the grief that will be caused.
-
tim1699
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 23 Feb 2007, 10:57
Pda actuals
Hi I was thinking of asking my dom if I can look at my PDA actuals as I would like to know his interpretation of the information given that I am the only one who truly knows what I am doing at a given time as I am a singleton driver and sometimes I have the PDA with me and sometimes I leave it in the van if I don't need it has anyone else actually seen there PDA actuals or am I wasting my time asking the Dom
Last edited by tim1699 on 22 Jun 2019, 06:11, edited 1 time in total.
-
itllnottouchyou
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Pda actuals
I am sure that your PDA must be with you at all times whether you need it or not. Also if you leave it for a length of time it looks like you’re sitting in your van not working. New software on the PDA apparently
-
exaandt
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 13:58
Pda actuals
Just to add because my pda data showed I have no time on delivery for absorbing I have now been taken off the absorbing list and a job with a early starting runner has had his increased having to do mine as well
Just thought I would let you all know
Just thought I would let you all know