ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Same day off each week

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
j1mmyc
Posts: 39
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 19:09
Gender: Male

Same day off each week

Post by j1mmyc »

Hi, I've been offered a job on Wednesdays and was wondering if there is anything in royal mails policy to grant the same day off each week if needed at the moment I've been allowed every Wednesday off except for the odd week but obviously I've been offered the job as a perment role now so just wondering if I could use some excuse to get every Wednesday off permently
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Same day off each week

Post by arnold cheshire »

j1mmyc wrote:Hi, I've been offered a job on Wednesdays and was wondering if there is anything in royal mails policy to grant the same day off each week if needed at the moment I've been allowed every Wednesday off except for the odd week but obviously I've been offered the job as a perment role now so just wondering if I could use some excuse to get every Wednesday off permently
I'd say no
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Same day off each week

Post by 97gaz »

I
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 00:45, edited 1 time in total.
LukeyBoy
Posts: 47
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Same day off each week

Post by LukeyBoy »

I've had a fixed Friday off because of childcare issues so it can be done.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Same day off each week

Post by joewyan »

If it was a Tuesday they would probably jump at the chance but I think unlikely on a Wednesday.