ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Overtime confusion

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Hi, my round has a lot of new builds on it and has not been sorted out it yet. Subsequently, I'm going an hour over my time. When I went to book it today a fellow postie came in to sign the sheet and told me he was getting paid till 5, 4 hours overtime. He said because he had done just short of 2 rounds. I don't know what he had done to achieve this but to me it is irrelevant. He finished at the same time as me and should be paid 1 hours overtime or I should be paid 4 hours. On a different subject, I thought they are using PDA actuals, the rural drivers were going out at 8am for a 1 o clock finish, 5 hours for a bread tray of mail?
Doing extra work (rounds) on overtime is negotiated, extended delivery isn’t
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Why its the same? Overtime is overtime. I dont see any difference.
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Numberone63 »

Blue eyed boys ‘negotiate’ special terms for themselves. Untouchable they seem to be. Same happened to me last year. Spoke to manager and he shrugged his shoulders. That’s when I stopped going over. Then you end up arguing with managers every day.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Why its the same? Overtime is overtime. I dont see any difference.
Because if people got 4hrs for every hour extended delivery they do people would take the p*ss.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

Numberone63 wrote:Blue eyed boys ‘negotiate’ special terms for themselves. Untouchable they seem to be. Same happened to me last year. Spoke to manager and he shrugged his shoulders. That’s when I stopped going over. Then you end up arguing with managers every day.
You must have poor negotiating skills then.
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Numberone63 »

You must one of the ‘blue eyed boys’ then.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

So if i go into the office and say i want 4 hours and they refuse is it a discrimination case?
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

Numberone63 wrote:You must one of the ‘blue eyed boys’ then.
If that’s what you want to call me, it’s all in the timing. You wait until you know they are struggling to get a duty covered then pounce. They best I’ve had is 4:30hr for a row extra. Took me less than 30 minutes
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:So if i go into the office and say i want 4 hours and they refuse is it a discrimination case?
Nope, the other guy has done nearly 2 walks. Why should you get the same for doing one walk? Not his fault you’re slower
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by Numberone63 »

Hahahahaha. Typical response. Best just ignore it all.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Im probably quicker. Hes done the same as me. Or less.
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

Even if he was the fastest in the office and i was the slowest its irrelevant he went an hour over so did i. Its discrimination.
number one
Posts: 1324
Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by number one »

dougfunny892 wrote:Even if he was the fastest in the office and i was the slowest its irrelevant he went an hour over so did i. Its discrimination.
Take it to court then
dougfunny892
Posts: 91
Joined: 22 Mar 2011, 14:31
Gender: Male

Overtime confusion

Post by dougfunny892 »

I might. Wont call you as a witness.