ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New idiot proof vans.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
Anyone had the new idiot proof vans introduced at their DO yet. I think they are Peugeot and instead of having the manual handbrake handle you just pull up or release there is a new fangled lit up button on the dashboard. My first day for using it today but I couldn't get it to move at all. Ended up swapping with another postie who could figure it out. Hoping I can either figure it out tomorrow or be able to swap vans. Technology sucks!!
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New idiot proof vans.
I sympathise, I have one of those in my car, hill starts were a bugger till I trained myself in the new method, now its no problem.
Mine is a button near the usual place for a handbrake and you can hear the brakes engaging, its a pull button though not a push one. Also, it has two positions one for normal parking and one for steep hills.
Mine is a button near the usual place for a handbrake and you can hear the brakes engaging, its a pull button though not a push one. Also, it has two positions one for normal parking and one for steep hills.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New idiot proof vans.
That was also difficult to get used to, but in my car as soon as you press the accelerator the hand break disengages automatically, which is why its best not to rev the engine when stopped at lights etc.Celgar wrote:Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New idiot proof vans.
This might help http://www.peuclub.com/pgcont-1357.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
Here here.Celgar wrote:Our yard is on a slope which I suppose could be considered a H&S issue. The lorry drivers sometimes have a go about it but its what we have. So a slope down to our exit on to the main road combined with worrying about starting to move forward with the handbrake still on worries me. To me it feels as unnecessary as reinventing the wheel.
In my own car the automatic lights and wipers are switched off. I refused to have a car that had one of the handbrakes you describe. We don't need to make things automatic that are virtually effortless as it is! I'm quite capable of pulling a leaver or switching a switch.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
FirstPost
- Posts: 675
- Joined: 16 Aug 2018, 09:37
- Gender: Female
New idiot proof vans.
they've got you a new van to make you work harder and longerCelgar wrote:Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
It’s not difficult to be longer and wider than a bipper! Not sure who thinks they are suitable for any delivery!Celgar wrote:Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
New idiot proof vans.
Or possibly due to the fact that diesel vans are not good for short start stop journeys? Typically there are two or three Fiat Doblos going through the regen cycle at the office, daily...Celgar wrote:Got shown how to use the new van today so I'm using it now. Apparently the van comes under a new classification and as it runs on petrol instead of diesal it is easier to use in London. Not sure if it is to do with the congestion charge or something else. Sounds like this is the van we will all use in the end unless something better happens with electric vehicles.
It is wider and quite a bit longer than my old Peugeot Bipper so maybe this new van will help with the increasing number of parcels.