ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Polling card payments

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ciara
Posts: 3
Joined: 10 Aug 2018, 15:59
Gender: Female

Polling card payments

Post by Ciara »

So I got told today that polling cards are coming in tomorrow. What I am unsure is that I am a floater and don't know how it will work for being paid. Because I know if i do any I should get paid but what I don't understand is how they know how many to pay me for?
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Polling card payments

Post by doorstepped »

you count how many you are going to take out with you and deliver them only. Most offices are giving walks 3 days to complete them,
so do a third tomorrow and inform the DOM of the total amount you have done :)
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by SpacePhoenix »

They must be sending them out for different areas on different days, got mine in the post today
1617mel
Posts: 172
Joined: 11 Oct 2017, 15:13
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by 1617mel »

we had polling cards over a month ago still no payment for them think it is a lost cause, make sure if you deliver them to ensure payment, have talked to cwu rep he said some payments have been paid for the polling cards but im still waitingso not holding my breath waiting.
jennie-c
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 May 2016, 22:42
Gender: Female

Polling card payments

Post by jennie-c »

You have to fill out a form on the day you deliver them, stating how many you are taking out with you, from which duty number, and the price per poll card. With your name and employee number and give it to your manager. They use this form to pay you. If you haven't filled one in then you won't get paid.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by SpacePhoenix »

1617mel wrote:we had polling cards over a month ago still no payment for them think it is a lost cause, make sure if you deliver them to ensure payment, have talked to cwu rep he said some payments have been paid for the polling cards but im still waitingso not holding my breath waiting.
The one I got in the post today is the EU elections. Got the one for local elections in the post a couple of weeks ago
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by Seymour Buts »

We don't do them anymore, council deliver them themselves. Can't say I miss the penny or whatever it is you get for each one.
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by Jpro747 »

Had a few front runners today, reckon they’ll be in tomorrow.
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by Celgar »

The polling cards have to be counted and you fill in the numbers on a sheet so there is no reason to not get paid. I think it's about five or six pence per polling card.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
pex
Posts: 59
Joined: 27 Nov 2017, 19:02
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by pex »

I got 6p per local election poll card delivered last month, paid within 1 week and just had to say how many I had done.
No form filling ect,
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by eastie »

just count how many calls on your frame and double it, rurals by 1 and a half
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by wacko74 »

postietom wrote:We don't do them anymore, council deliver them themselves. Can't say I miss the penny or whatever it is you get for each one.
I remember talking to a guy who worked for the council and was out delivering them on the side, he was getting paid 25p each for them! (and that was about 10 years ago)
Glennf.1982
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by Glennf.1982 »

eastie wrote:just count how many calls on your frame and double it, rurals by 1 and a half
Confused newbie here. My frame is 754 houses. We were told to take the tops sheets off the packs of poll cards and put our name on. Simple.....I got paid 32 quid. My friend who works elsewhere. Does less houses and gets 81 quid. Shes told to times here number of houses by 2.5. Is my office or maybe just me getting screwed?
citypostie
Posts: 895
Joined: 08 Apr 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by citypostie »

We are told , number of calls X 2 then add 200 to cover houses with more than 2 voters
Glennf.1982
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
Gender: Male

Polling card payments

Post by Glennf.1982 »

And you fill in your own sheet?