ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Aggressive complainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
leolion855
Posts: 641
Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
Gender: Male

Aggressive complainers

Post by leolion855 »

What do you guys do if your van gets intercepted by a customer who is very annoyed you've delivered wrong?,If your a reserve on a rural it sometimes difficult to deliver to the correct farm when you have multi families with the same name in the area but they dont understand this of course, I did try to explain and apologise but i felt very threatened still.
Mask
Posts: 18
Joined: 04 Sep 2017, 13:09
Gender: Male

Aggressive complainers

Post by Mask »

If your manager isn't a prick and he's been a postie before tell them to contact the office and to stop threatening you and as soon as you get back explain the situation and he should understand, you don't work to be harassed and if they do it again file a harassment complaint and they wont receive mail.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Aggressive complainers

Post by noggin1969 »

Surprise how many farming families don't get on :Very Happy
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Aggressive complainers

Post by Seymour Buts »

I get this, I'm a reserve that covers a couple of rurals and get hassle even when I've delivered as addressed. Basically the regulars know it that well they go by the names of people, not addresses which doesn't help because people don't correct when clearly the bank or whoever has it down on their system wrong.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12194
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Aggressive complainers

Post by SpacePhoenix »

postietom wrote:I get this, I'm a reserve that covers a couple of rurals and get hassle even when I've delivered as addressed. Basically the regulars know it that well they go by the names of people, not addresses which doesn't help because people don't correct when clearly the bank or whoever has it down on their system wrong.
If it's not got the full, correct address there's a red sticker (not a kill-off sticker) that could be placed on it that basically says make sure the sender has the correct address