ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Poll: Finish times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

Please choose the option most relevant to you.

Most of the time I finish before my contracted time to leave and I go home early
86
21%
Most of the time I finish my round before my contracted time, but I am often required to do more work up to my contracted hours
15
4%
Most of the time I finish my round more or less when my contracted hours end.
160
39%
Most of the time I finish my round 10-30 minutes past my contracted hours because I am overworked.
88
22%
Most of the time I finish my round 10-30 minutes past my contracted hours because I am either new / prefer to do the round slowly / Obese and unfit / my partner is slow
6
1%
Most of the time I finish my round 30+ minutes past my contracted hours because I am overworked.
45
11%
Most of the time I finish my round 30+ minutes past my contracted hours because I am either new / prefer to do the round slowly / Obese and unfit / my partner is slow
7
2%
 
Total votes: 407

norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Poll: Finish times

Post by norris9 »

Please choose the option most relevant to you in relation to when you finish your working day:
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Poll: Finish times

Post by doorstepped »

obese and unfit!!

what a w****r! I suppose we are not all super fit, Young and super model-esque like you are?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Poll: Finish times

Post by arnold cheshire »

Some go home early some don't some argue about cutting off
broughts
Posts: 334
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 19:09
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by broughts »

I agree what a w*****r perhaps doing the job properly might slow u down and u might want a job in 10 years time protect your job protect your future listen to many colleagues moaning about there partners in the mornings yet there rushing around to get home to them
chickenwittle
Posts: 2095
Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by chickenwittle »

How about mind your own business and never mind what time I finish .
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Poll: Finish times

Post by arnold cheshire »

chickenwittle wrote:How about mind your own business and never mind what time I finish .
Well said
Seymour Buts
Posts: 1148
Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by Seymour Buts »

I finish on my time. They took job and knock away so I manage my time and arrive back 20 minutes before finish unless it's really busy.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by aiden01 »

My goodness its only a poll no need for name calling or any nastiness if you prefer not to vote then dont.
IsrightIan
Posts: 9
Joined: 07 Mar 2019, 12:40
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by IsrightIan »

You were crying about your legs the other day haha and you're putting people who finish 10 mins later down as obese. Agree with what you have already been called so I won't repeat it. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been done any later than 1:30 some days it's been 12:30, started a few weeks a go, everyone else seems to be back at the same time, where do we collect our blue peter badges :nana :nana

P.S My legs haven't ached a bit, nor have I thought about throwing in the towel because my legs cannot handle it. :D
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Poll: Finish times

Post by norris9 »

IsrightIan wrote:You were crying about your legs the other day haha and you're putting people who finish 10 mins later down as obese. Agree with what you have already been called so I won't repeat it. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't been done any later than 1:30 some days it's been 12:30, started a few weeks a go, everyone else seems to be back at the same time, where do we collect our blue peter badges :nana :nana

P.S My legs haven't ached a bit, nor have I thought about throwing in the towel because my legs cannot handle it. :D
Absolute load of nonsense, cheers for putting words in my mouth. It was one of SEVERAL reasons I put down as to why someone could finish past their contracted hours. I'm sorry that you don't agree that someone being overweight and unfit slows them down.

I am overweight and unfit myself and I'm fine to admit it, and of course it is a reason for me being slow - it goes without saying. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to work this out.

I NEVER said that all people finishing 10+ minutes 'late' are all fat ba****ds. So calm down.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Poll: Finish times

Post by arnold cheshire »

norris9 wrote:Please choose the option most relevant to you in relation to when you finish your working day:
Why don't you stand at the office exit and watch who goes home early
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Poll: Finish times

Post by norris9 »

doorstepped wrote:obese and unfit!!

what a w****r! I suppose we are not all super fit, Young and super model-esque like you are?
What?

I am not model-esque. I am a fat, burger eating, unfit mess and this is a reason why I am slow, but with time I will lose weight, get fitter and faster.
norris9
Posts: 2696
Joined: 27 Feb 2019, 17:32
Gender: Female

Poll: Finish times

Post by norris9 »

Interesting. After ~100 votes it seems that most people finish on or before their contracted finish time or shortly after, and those finishing late blame it mostly on being overworked, and not on slow partners, poor fitness, being new, etc.

So mostly happy posties on this front...getting back around the time they are supposed to. :thumbup
hero22
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Mar 2016, 19:48
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by hero22 »

why do you need to know this ?
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Poll: Finish times

Post by worktotime »

I think your poll should have been CAN YOU COMPLETE YOUR DUTY WHEN YOU DO THE JOB PROPERLY , YES OR NO . and what I mean as properly is start on your time , take your breaks , use the methods , as we cant and what doesn't get done goes back and we aren't slow , obese or whatever you want to call it.