ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dan3mitch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 22
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 19:37
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by dan3mitch »

Evening all my start date is the 15th of April for my induction them my depot start on the 16th, my question is when can I order any uniform ?
Thanks
gimba
Posts: 192
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 21:12
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by gimba »

As soon as you have your PayRoll number

You'll receive it when you get the contract through the post, failing that, you can ask at induction
dan3mitch
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 22
Joined: 20 Feb 2019, 19:37
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by dan3mitch »

That's great thanks for replying
yorkmover123
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 111
Joined: 06 Oct 2013, 19:57
Gender: Female

Uniform

Post by yorkmover123 »

To place an online order yourself, you will need an account. Your PSP pay number is your username and your password is Delivery (capital D). When you first logon you will be asked to change your password. You will also need to provide an email address in the “Manage My Account” screen –

If you do not have access to the internet, your manager can place orders on your behalf. You should ask them for the order reference number for future reference.
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

Uniform

Post by misstmac »

In your offer email you should have had a uniform form. There is instructions on there with the phone number to call the uniform line to order your first set of uniform. Don’t do it online as the only available shoes are the steel toe caps..no good for delivery! You will need your payroll number and you can’t order until your start date so if your contract hasn’t arrived by your induction day, they will give you your payroll number whilst you are there. Good luck
Glennf.1982
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by Glennf.1982 »

Sorry to jump I was told I cant order anything for six weeks so I still bimbling in my civvies.
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

Uniform

Post by misstmac »

Glennf.1982 wrote:Sorry to jump I was told I cant order anything for six weeks so I still bimbling in my civvies.
Check back to your official offer email. You should have received a link to the uniform form.

If you can’t find it the number you need is 01332 697118. Give them a call and ask to order your new starter uniform. You’ll need your payroll number
Glennf.1982
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Jan 2019, 06:16
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by Glennf.1982 »

Yeh got that and my payroll njmber but when I asked my LM he said "oh no we wait 6 weeks"

Can I ring that number myself then?
misstmac
Posts: 86
Joined: 10 Jan 2019, 09:40
Gender: Female

Uniform

Post by misstmac »

Yes you can. That’s exactly what I did. You get 5 tops, 2 bottoms, 1 shoes and 1 fleece.
Navalron
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1044
Joined: 12 Aug 2017, 10:40
Gender: Male
Location: Glasgow

Uniform

Post by Navalron »

You get a basic uniform then after 6/8 weeks you get the rest. Your lino is just trying to save cash on the chance you don't last, which hopefully you will but about 35% dont. The job isn't the hardest but it's not as easy as people think, until you get into the swing of things. Truth be told a DO runs itself as everyone knows what to do and usually everything is running fine then the managers start changing people about and making a complete arse of it :thumbup
Celgar
Posts: 2795
Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by Celgar »

I have always found it easier to tell the DOM what uniform I need and get them to order it for me. In the case of worn out shoes or other uniform if the DOM tells them you need it they can't quibble except if you have received your allocation for the year.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Uniform

Post by twoloops »

When you get your pay number ring 01332 697118 & you will have your basic kit on you 2nd or 3rd day, leave it to your DOM it will be 6 week, longer if your female! I get new starters working with me regularly, some have not even received a storm coat after one year, I get them straight on the phone & sort there kit out, they usually get it 2/3 days later, bypass the DOM & management, your wasting you time, plus you'll get the cheapest boots/shoes if they order it.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by robbertwhitton »

Great to see management on top of things from the start,in not sorting out even the basic minimum issue of uniform,a great moral boosting start for a new entrant,can the coach not help sort it?shambolic as ever
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Uniform

Post by k979aaa »

robbertwhitton wrote:Great to see management on top of things from the start,in not sorting out even the basic minimum issue of uniform,a great moral boosting start for a new entrant,can the coach not help sort it?shambolic as ever
How can management be expected to turn up on time make timely decisions and not piss the staff of who do these basic requirements yet they singular fail to perform a basic duty of ordering items of uniform fit for the job are they not fit for the job?
jazeck
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 Feb 2019, 18:31
Gender: Male

Uniform

Post by jazeck »

Hello, I also start on 15th, just received contract by post and I logged in to my account. I was able to ordrer boots and hi-viz online