ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's the notice period?
-
Andrewp1978
- Posts: 26
- Joined: 24 Nov 2018, 16:56
- Gender: Male
What's the notice period?
Only been here 5 month so dont expect it to be too long. Aint got an employee handbook so have no idea. Enjoy the job and all but not enough hrs/money unless I wanna get home at 6 every night.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What's the notice period?
Andrewp1978 wrote:Only been here 5 month so dont expect it to be too long. Aint got an employee handbook so have no idea. Enjoy the job and all but not enough hrs/money unless I wanna get home at 6 every night.
It will be in your contract, and sorry but you'll have to check yours as it only recently(as in the last few years) changed from 1 week to 4 weeks.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
What's the notice period?
Am pretty sure it was changed to 4 weeks notice for new starters from April 2017.
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
What's the notice period?
It says 4 week's in the contract but what happens if you just worked 1 or 2 week's notice and not 4 would they be funny paying owed monies, holiday pay etc ?
-
!LivingTheDream!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 04 Mar 2019, 10:24
- Gender: Male
Notice Period Advice Needed
I've a new job to start asap but i see the notice period is four week's.
I would rather not work four week's and get started right away with the new job and work two week's notice.
But what happens if i don't work four week's notice ?
Will i lose out on owed holiday pay etc ?
I would rather not work four week's and get started right away with the new job and work two week's notice.
But what happens if i don't work four week's notice ?
Will i lose out on owed holiday pay etc ?
-
Smir
- Posts: 124
- Joined: 31 Aug 2016, 16:48
- Gender: Male
Notice Period Advice Needed
most likely, as they'd take them to cover costs to cover your duty for the rest of the notice!LivingTheDream! wrote:I've a new job to start asap but i see the notice period is four week's.
I would rather not work four week's and get started right away with the new job and work two week's notice.
But what happens if i don't work four week's notice ?
Will i lose out on owed holiday pay etc ?