I have noticed that the navigation is running all the time now on the PDA's, whats the reason for this? I cant seem to get it to stop even with a reboot/battery out.
I assume its collecting Data along with the actuals?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
-
gmf_uk
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
- Gender: Male
-
Sputters2017
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 08 Aug 2017, 16:12
- Gender: Male
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
I have noticed this too it also shows your speed in real timegmf_uk wrote:I have noticed that the navigation is running all the time now on the PDA's, whats the reason for this? I cant seem to get it to stop even with a reboot/battery out.
I assume its collecting Data along with the actuals?
-
gmf_uk
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 04 Apr 2018, 12:47
- Gender: Male
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
yes indeed it does! i assume all this data is getting gathered upSputters2017 wrote:I have noticed this too it also shows your speed in real time
-
abuch1980
- Posts: 226
- Joined: 13 Dec 2011, 12:30
- Gender: Male
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
It will surely run down the battery quicker!
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
Don't know why the bluetooth is enabled for DOs, it's only used with the finger scannersapple wrote:I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
-
apple
- Posts: 496
- Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 17:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pluto
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
SpacePhoenix wrote:Don't know why the bluetooth is enabled for DOs, it's only used with the finger scannersapple wrote:I assume its part of an update, the bluetooth was on as well, I turned that off, I am unable to find a way to turn off navigation, so I just turned it off and on again, it got rid of the navigation as well,
it always seems to turn itself on usually after an update
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Navigation Running in the background on the PDA all the time
You have to open the navigation and cancel the route and it stops talking to you