ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

One for the postwomen

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
CCpostie
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Oct 2018, 08:40
Gender: Female

One for the postwomen

Post by CCpostie »

Have any of you postladies had a hysterectomy during your time at the Royal Mail? How long did it take to recover? Any tips? Thanks
sequinn
Posts: 71
Joined: 14 Jan 2009, 21:58
Gender: Female

One for the postwomen

Post by sequinn »

Yes I did. Had the full works. Hysterectomy and repairs. I had the usual 3months off work but wasn’t returned to work properly. All the surgeons good work ruined and I had loads of problems requiring more time off sick and another op to try and correct things but it wasn’t successful. Having a male manager didn’t help as he thought a hysterectomy was something minor, ‘lots of women have them’. I had 1 days help and then it was back to riding a bike for 4 plus hours a day. Before you leave hospital, you should be seen by a physio. Ask her to recommend a plan for when you return to work. Three months seems a long time to be off but it is a major op and we do a strenuous job. Good luck with the surgery. Despite the problems I had it was the best thing I ever did, if you know what I mean.