Hi everyone.
I was on a suspended stage 2 warning after being off with a broken foot, and then mental health. I came back to work in August and didn’t go sick again.
At the start of December, I was raped after a night out and I went to work the following Monday, but went to the police after work. I then had an officer round my house at 11:30pm, and she told me that for evidence purposes, I’ll need to attend a hospital the following morning. So there I was being driven in a police car to a hospital.
So my girlfriend sent my line manager a text at just after midnight saying ‘Camelelf has been the victim of a serious assault and needs to attend hospital and police interviews, so he won’t be able to come into work tomorrow’.
The following day I was told I’d need to attend two interviews and two more hospital visits over the next few days so I texted my line manager again and emailed the DOM informing them that I won’t be back until the following Monday. I never said I was sick, only that I was a victim of an assault and had to attend police interviews and hospitals.
On my return to work, the DOM informed me that he put me as sick, and the following sickness procedure will be followed. I took my rep in and emphasised my point that I was never sick, I was raped and had to go to the police and hospital every day that I was off and returned as soon as I physically could. I was still issued the stage 2.
I was browsing the CWUs special leave policy, and there’s a part about special leave being applicable for police statements. Surely this should have been the case for me? Or were they correct to put me as sick?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!