There is an office close to my house within a 6-8 min drive and within 2miles that are recruiting, the office is double the size of my office so it would mean the pain of learning everything again, uncertainty of days off and things I probably didn't really enjoy as a reserve.On the plus side i'd save £80 a month in fuel as well as 3hrs a week in travel time, even if there was no OT available there i'd still save at least something.
I spoke to my manager and he has been good and will even arrange a week's trial at the other office. I have 6yrs service under my belt so there "may" be a chance of a cover duty or duty in the future, both options I would have to speak to the other gaffer.
It's a horrible decision to make and Im the one that's got to make it, and in a way I have to think that in the long run when i'm used to the new office and duties I shall benefit from being in an office not far from my home that would save me hours of travel time and fuel.
Anyone been through the same or that can offer advice, or what would you do in my shoes? Stick or Twist