ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
-
Sledge4211
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 03 Dec 2018, 14:47
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
I’ve had some funny ones over the years had to hula hoop in front of customers before I gave them there mail, seen half naked women run across me with door wide open, private ambulance team taken body out of front door...
Oh the advantages of being a postie.....
Oh the advantages of being a postie.....
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Best thing: A girl home from uni, just stepped out of the shower totally naked, dropped her towel.
Worst thing: Her mother down the hall. If looks could kill..
Worst thing 2: Dead body. (Unrelated to above).
Worst thing: Her mother down the hall. If looks could kill..
Worst thing 2: Dead body. (Unrelated to above).
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Some of the worst things are used condoms on door handles, lifts awash with piss or vomit (nearly every Saturday), human s**t on flats stairs, man come out to speak to me in grubby vest y fronts with his nob hanging, out sweet little 5 year old girl on first day of school stood on doorstep and a booming voice from inside the house yells ged ere you little cnut
Oh how I miss the inner city deliveries
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
in the stairwell of high-rise-flats - a guy with a syringe in his leg ready to inject (complete with dripping blood)
delivered to a old folks home - though i'd use the toilet only to find what looked like a dirty protest, s**t on the floor, sink, walls and even some in the toilet
delivered to a old folks home - though i'd use the toilet only to find what looked like a dirty protest, s**t on the floor, sink, walls and even some in the toilet
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Worst so far was the smell that hit me when I opened the letterbox of some old guy on my walk. Then I noticed the flies all over the inside of the window......
The best? Nowt really, the soul deadening everyday bullshit of the job kinda kills any highlights.
The best? Nowt really, the soul deadening everyday bullshit of the job kinda kills any highlights.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Worst: Almost knocked a door covered in poo today, saw it last second, thanks God
Best : Old lady handed me a Christmas card one week later, as I`m a floater I didn`t deliver her street at Christmas, inside the card a £10 note
Best : Old lady handed me a Christmas card one week later, as I`m a floater I didn`t deliver her street at Christmas, inside the card a £10 note
-
postmanzach
- Posts: 515
- Joined: 18 Jul 2011, 15:01
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Worst: nothing that bad being far from inner city. Saw a guy screaming and shaking a girl, I had a word and he said some ‘rude boy talk bumbleclrt s**t’ then ran off and ripped mirror off my van.
Best: Stunning coastal views and sunsets.
Must be crazy at times being a postie in inner city areas. What do you do with your trolleys and tower blocks? Lot of stuff get robbed?
Best: Stunning coastal views and sunsets.
Must be crazy at times being a postie in inner city areas. What do you do with your trolleys and tower blocks? Lot of stuff get robbed?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
wowglenfiddich wrote:Some of the worst things are used condoms on door handles, lifts awash with piss or vomit (nearly every Saturday), human s**t on flats stairs, man come out to speak to me in grubby vest y fronts with his nob hanging, out sweet little 5 year old girl on first day of school stood on doorstep and a booming voice from inside the house yells ged ere you little cnutOh how I miss the inner city deliveries
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
I found a used condom in a postbox, not good!
-
paul1231
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
People are grim, i found a used needle in onepostietom wrote:I found a used condom in a postbox, not good!
-
Deadly
- Posts: 703
- Joined: 12 Jul 2014, 21:38
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
I had a bag of dog s**t in one I collect from. The smell hit me as soon as I opened the door so once I realised what it was I just closed the door and reported it when I got back.paul1231 wrote:People are grim, i found a used needle in onepostietom wrote:I found a used condom in a postbox, not good!
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
One of the funniest things was a purple tie and purple lacy thong left on a low wall in a Cul-d-sac one Saturday morning.
I guess someone had a good Friday night on the way home from the pub.
I guess someone had a good Friday night on the way home from the pub.
-
Mr Rush
- Posts: 3346
- Joined: 05 Aug 2011, 14:27
- Gender: Male
Best/Worse things you’ve seen on delivery!
Yep. And why the policeman said 'watch your step' rather than 'don't come round this corner' I'll never know.NewPostieUK wrote:Worst thing 2: Dead body. (Unrelated to above).
The machine stops.