Manager behind a HCT just inside the door doing the 'Meet n Greet' as we call it, like they were doing until just before Christmas. Only now they're demanding a visual check of everyone to see they're back and not been dropped off home. Twenty minutes or even just fifteen before finishing time? Go do your D2Ds for tomorrow. This was the conversation I had yesterday:
'You've finished early, you can't leave yet.'
'Ten minutes. Ten minutes early.'
'Put tomorrow's door to doors in.'
'Okay, then, thanks very much. Good discussion.'
Doesn't bother me too much as I rarely finish early anyway (it's been eerily quiet past two days) but some of the old timers are really losing their s**t over it. They've also started sending people back out if they come back too early. I think it's fair to say any remaining goodwill is being blown into the stratosphere, judging by the comments I've overheard. Yet it bemuses me that I see posties who were moaning yesterday afternoon about having to stay on for twenty minutes have turned up for work early this morning
Anyway, a lot of us saw this coming and it appears to have arrived in our DO. I think 2019 is going to be...erm...interesting...